Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Binman

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Well when I was with Mr.Binman they would regularly not collect the bins and when they did they would throw the bins down on the edge of the road. And one time I was out putting a sausage packet in to the bin just as they were taking it and they would take the bin. So I went to AES and they seem to be cheaper and put the bins back right. I'm in the county BTW.

Just reading back over this thread as I hadn't paid attention.
    Are you saying that you tried to put a sausage wrapper in your own bin and they refused to take it then? And that they just threw the bins down on the road when they were empty?
    I'm not saying outright that I don't believe you but it sounds very unlikely, if it is true then you should have contacted head office and had the lads reprimanded.
    My experiences with Mr Binman have been very positive, I don't see us moving anytime soon.
    Sorry that I couldn't ignore this but it seems extraordinary and nobody else checked with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Anyone use recycle right? They claim to be the cheapest. With Clean Ireland at the moment who are fine but I wouldn't mind paying less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Just reading back over this thread as I hadn't paid attention.
    Are you saying that you tried to put a sausage wrapper in your own bin and they refused to take it then? And that they just threw the bins down on the road when they were empty?
    I'm not saying outright that I don't believe you but it sounds very unlikely, if it is true then you should have contacted head office and had the lads reprimanded.
    My experiences with Mr Binman have been very positive, I don't see us moving anytime soon.
    Sorry that I couldn't ignore this but it seems extraordinary and nobody else checked with you.

They were two separate incidents.
    The first one with the sausage packet was when they pulled up I told him to wait a second as I put the packet in the bin. Your man said "We havent got time for this" and went to the next house.
    And "throw" might not be the best word. I would have them by the fence before they come and they would just leave them at the edge of the road. It was very danferous and they took no care whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭trinz23

I only recently left Mr Binman after months of hassle. When i first joined with them about 5 years ago we had issues for months with our bins not being collected which led to phone calls every week. This issue was eventually resolved. I moved house before Christmas and contacted Mr Binman to inform them to which I was told that they don't move your bins, you need to move them yourself. This is just something that wasn't feasible for me. After a lot of back and forth with them for weeks on this and rubbish building up they eventually agreed to move my bins. My bins had now been sitting out on the road since my last collection date at my old address wees before. 2 days later the bins arrive, the wrong bins. They had taken someone elses bins and dropped them to me. I contacted them to let them know and at this stage it had been going on the bones of 6 weeks so, I just told them to collect the other bins and take away my ones. Signed up with Fitzgeralds that day, had bins that evening. Would recommend Fitzgeralds 100%, only with them since December but so far brilliant service!!

Advertisement