Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cz varmint 223

Options
  • 04-06-2011 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

a buddy of mine has a cz varmint 223 with a 1;9 twist,he has been using hornady 55gr v max rounds,his local dealer cant get them any more,has anyone any idea to what would be a suitable replacement for these as they were holding an inch at 100 yards out to 500 yards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

crowdundee wrote: »
    a buddy of mine has a cz varmint 223 with a 1;9 twist,he has been using hornady 55gr v max rounds,his local dealer cant get them any more,has anyone any idea to what would be a suitable replacement for these as they were holding an inch at 100 yards out to 500 yards

Hornady TAP 60 grain are a good alternative, or even TAP 75 grain will run well in a CZ

For the money Federal/american eagle are a great round in 50 grain, but past 200 start to dwindle.

I was told Hornady shipment 2011 will be in the country in a week or two

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

50gr American Eagle.

53gr Hornady.

75 gr Hornady.

Steer clear of Remingtion UMC. She will not like them. Mine didn't.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

crowdundee wrote: »

We ordered a load of Hornady 55grain V-max from Duffys in Galway, try him, he will courier it to your door free of charge when you buy in Bulk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I was trying out some hornaday 55gr SP training ammo today. Very good groups, cover leaf @100m and €39 a box of 50. Using my Cz 223 varmint rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

try the 40gr v-max, there light but doing 3600fps they make a good foxing round. i was using them before i realised i couldnt afford them

• Advertisement
Advertisement