Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Week: What are you planning?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Well to be honest... if someone's genuinely fluent at French then the French exam would be trivially easy.

The oral is worth 25% :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

NotExactly wrote: »
    The oral is worth 25% :rolleyes:
    Fluency doesn't only mean you're of a high standard in spoken French. It means you are fluent in the language as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

What part..?! :P

The revision part. I was basically doing everything else anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

My french is fairly poor tbh, which is why im doing ordinary level, Im not good at all at putting a sentence together, I only know alot of common words to do with general things which really is all you need in the odinary exam, besides the postcard im a little worried about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭irishgirl10

What's that supposed to mean,are you guaranteed an A1 in French or something?
    So what if he is? Fair play to him/her. Wish I had that confidence in Spanish! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

It seems abit cocky TBH. nO nEeD tO TpYe lIKe a tW@t!

i'm not being cocky just confident as i have never gotten lower than an A and i've studied loads for it so i think i can put it on the back burner for a while. sure anything could happen and im actually not that confident in any other of my subjects though, i'm not the person who thinks they're the next stephen hawking type genius and is going to get an A in every subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

Think I'll pass on that one..! :L

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ye..................:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Today: Comparative texts edit, Single Text essays
    Tomorrow:
    8:00am - 1:00pm - Single Text
    2:00pm - 7:00pm - Poets
    7:30 - 9:00pm - Short Story prep work
    Tuesday:
    8:00am - 1:00pm - Paper 1 letters, reports etc
    2:00pm - 5:00pm - Short story practice
    5:00pm - 7:00pm - Practice a few paragraphs
    Wednesday:
    9:30 - 12:20 - EXAM English P1
    2:00pm - 7:00pm - Go over Paper 2 points and quotes
    Thursday:
    7:00am - 10:00am - Quotes and points
    2:00pm - 5:20pm - EXAM English P2
    7:00pm - 10:00pm - Art History
    Friday:
    8:00am - 12:00pm - Art History
    12:00pm - 6:00pm - Biology papers
    7:00pm-9:30pm - Biology experiments
    Saturday:
    8:00am - 12:00pm - French topics, comprehension
    12:00pm- 6:30pm- Irish History
    6:30pm - 10:00pm - Biology
    Sunday:
    8:00am-2:00pm - US history
    2:30pm - 5:30pm - French Journal intime vocab
    5:30pm - 10:00pm - Dictatorshhip and democracy
    Monday:
    8:00am - 10:00pm - French practice
    10:00- 2:00 - Northern Ire case study
    2:00- 6:30 - Irish History
    6:30 - 10:00pm - Dictatorship and Democracy
    Tuesday:
    8:00am - 11:30am - Irish history
    11:30 - 3:00pm - US history
    3:00pm- 5:30pm - Dictatorships
    6:30 - 8:30 French listening
    Wednesday:
    9:30 - 12:50 -EXAM :French written and aural
    2:00 - 5:20 - EXAM : History
    7:00pm - 8:30pm - Biology diagrams and definitions
    Thursday:
    9:30- 12:20: EXAM : Biology
    2:00 - 4:30 : EXAM : Art History
    Friday 17th - Wednesday 22nd : STUDY ALLLLLLL AGRI SCIENCE POSSIBLE :)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Today: Comparative texts edit, Single Text essays
    Tomorrow:
    8:00am - 1:00pm - Single Text
    2:00pm - 7:00pm - Poets
    7:30 - 9:00pm - Short Story prep work
    Tuesday:
    8:00am - 1:00pm - Paper 1 letters, reports etc
    2:00pm - 5:00pm - Short story practice
    5:00pm - 7:00pm - Practice a few paragraphs
    Wednesday:
    9:30 - 12:20 - EXAM English P1
    2:00pm - 7:00pm - Go over Paper 2 points and quotes
    Thursday:
    7:00am - 10:00am - Quotes and points
    2:00pm - 5:20pm - EXAM English P2
    7:00pm - 10:00pm - Art History
    Friday:
    8:00am - 12:00pm - Art History
    12:00pm - 6:00pm - Biology papers
    7:00pm-9:30pm - Biology experiments
    Saturday:
    8:00am - 12:00pm - French topics, comprehension
    12:00pm- 6:30pm- Irish History
    6:30pm - 10:00pm - Biology
    Sunday:
    8:00am-2:00pm - US history
    2:30pm - 5:30pm - French Journal intime vocab
    5:30pm - 10:00pm - Dictatorshhip and democracy
    Monday:
    Tuesday:
    8:00am - 11:30am - Irish history
    11:30 - 3:00pm - US history
    3:00pm- 5:30pm - Dictatorships
    6:30 - 8:30 French listening
    Wednesday:
    9:30 - 12:50 -EXAM :French written and aural
    2:00 - 5:20 - EXAM : History
    7:00pm - 8:30pm - Biology diagrams and definitions
    Thursday:
    9:30- 12:20: EXAM : Biology
    2:00 - 4:30 : EXAM : Art History
    Friday 17th - Wednesday 22nd : STUDY ALLLLLLL AGRI SCIENCE POSSIBLE :)

:eek: That's a crazy amount of study!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭OldSchool94

I'm a nervous wreck and only procrastinating being on this! Help :'(

It's adrenaline on the day ;)

• Advertisement

Have no choice !!! :(
    Probably wont get the ideal amount done anywho!

I agree. 11 and a half hours study tomorrow will have you killed by Wednesday.

I agree. 11 and a half hours study tomorrow will have you killed by Wednesday.

:( I feel ive feck all done though......

Monday:

Hold on a sec, on Monday you plan on doing 14 hours study in a row are you a machine or something?:rolleyes:

Hold on a sec, on Monday you plan on doing 14 hours study in a row are you a machine or something?:rolleyes:

I dunno I spend ages on the one thing .........

Help meeeeee! Im drowned in notes atm

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Lads ive just realised I'm actually F****D!!!
    Everyone is expecting at least 520 from me but I haven't done a tap!
    I don't know what to do! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Just do your best. There's little else you can do really. Worrying about meeting other people's expectations of you won't help in the slightest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

Well there's loads of different opinions on this but everyone has to do what suits them in the end.
    Last year I had everyone telling me to 'take it easy' before the exams and get a good nights sleep. That wasn't happening when there was stuff I had yet to set my eyes on.
    Slow and steady pace of study is all well and good, but if you haven't been doing that up till now, people telling you not to cram gets very annoying!
    If you think you can stay up all night, then do that, some people can.
    And never fear, there's time to learn plenty yet! :D
    Cramming hasn't remained so popular for no reason ;)

Everyone is expecting at least 520 ! :(

What! Why?:eek:

What! Why?:eek:

Because I got 480 in the mocks and all my family & friends are just presuming I'm gonna get that! Such pressure! :( And to make it worse my stepmum keeps saying I'm going to get 555 (which I am NOT) and that she'll buy me a car and all this crap.
    It's never going to happent and I'm just under so much pressure and I know I wont meet their expectations! Hate this pressure it really gets me down :(

• Advertisement

Because I got 480 in the mocks and all my family & friends are just presuming I'm gonna get that! Such pressure! :( And to make it worse my stepmum keeps saying I'm going to get 555 (which I am NOT) and that she'll buy me a car and all this crap.
    It's never going to happent and I'm just under so much pressure and I know I wont meet their expectations! Hate this pressure it really gets me down :(

Just put them out of your mind for this month. Do your best etc :) As long as you get what you want, thats all that matters right?

Fairplay for getting over 400 in the mocks!

Just put them out of your mind for this month. Do your best etc :) As long as you get what you want, thats all that matters right?

Fairplay for getting over 400 in the mocks!

Yes I will. Thank you. I'm SUPER pee'd off with myself for not doing more but hey.. theres still 2 days to go.. :/
    And thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

I am in the same boat LittleMissLost. I know I should have started much earlier and I ain't even studying now (seem to have no motivation). Just remember at the end of the day the whole point of the lc is that you get into the course you want. In 10 years (sorry to say it but people at not gonna ask about your results).

The other day my brother was going back to England and he had a chat about the lc ..... Twas a very serious one and we never really have serious chats.... He was just don't stress/panic at the end of the day it. Is only the leaving cert. Now while I have ALOT of pressure coming from my parents I know that at the end of the day ass long as I am happy with what I get thats all that matters.

Expectations are alot of pressure and alot of the time they can send you in the opposite direction.... That's what happened to me.

I know that if your happy then your parents will be happy so just do the best for you! And it's never to late you can get alot done and I am sure that you have alot in your brain from your pres just try triggers to get it out!

Hope this helped

I am in the same boat LittleMissLost. I know I should have started much earlier and I ain't even studying now (seem to have no motivation). Just remember at the end of the day the whole point of the lc is that you get into the course you want. In 10 years (sorry to say it but people at not gonna ask about your results).

The other day my brother was going back to England and he had a chat about the lc ..... Twas a very serious one and we never really have serious chats.... He was just don't stress/panic at the end of the day it. Is only the leaving cert. Now while I have ALOT of pressure coming from my parents I know that at the end of the day ass long as I am happy with what I get thats all that matters.

Expectations are alot of pressure and alot of the time they can send you in the opposite direction.... That's what happened to me.

I know that if your happy then your parents will be happy so just do the best for you! And it's never to late you can get alot done and I am sure that you have alot in your brain from your pres just try triggers to get it out!

Hope this helped

Thank you :) hopefully the exams will go ok.. I seriously don't know what I'll do if I get under 500.. :(

Thank you :) hopefully the exams will go ok.. I seriously don't know what I'll do if I get under 500.. :(

Well what I did just their was got a piece of paper and wrote down what I think at this Precise moment I will get in each subject ..... I was surprised at what it came out at...... A bit to go like but it may make you feel abit better.

And don't be negative about a subject
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Yeah Buddy

Hoping to do Psychology in Galway next year, will need at least 525. I've always been a crammer and the despite countless promises to myself this year, we're now 3 days out and I find myself in an eerily familiar situation :(

As well being a world class procrastinator(really hate that word), I'm also a massive boxing fan. I'm trying to hype myself up into a mind-state where I'm heading into the 12th round, behind on all the judges cards, and in need of a knockout, lol. Just gotta lay it all on the line at this stage, go hell for leather. It's doable :)

I have one pass subject(Maths) and one bastard child subject (French) so I pretty much need A's in everything else - it's gonna be fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

I feel the same- so angry with myself, it's not as if I was doing much else.:rolleyes: It would've been so easy to have been doing bits and pieces a few weeks or months back and be sorted by this stage. It's really not worth the stress right now.

I'm just going to do all I can over the next few days. Panic is motivating me a bit atm, so will hopefully do half-decently in a couple of subjects and pass the rest.

Patriciamc93 I think you like to use ''at the end of the day'' a lot :L

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Yeah Buddy wrote: »
    Hoping to do Psychology in Galway next year, will need at least 525. I've always been a crammer and the despite countless promises to myself this year, we're now 3 days out and I find myself in an eerily familiar situation :(

As well being a world class procrastinator(really hate that word), I'm also a massive boxing fan. I'm trying to hype myself up into a mind-state where I'm heading into the 12th round, behind on all the judges cards, and in need of a knockout, lol. Just gotta lay it all on the line at this stage, go hell for leather. It's doable :)

I have one pass subject(Maths) and one bastard child subject (French) so I pretty much need A's in everything else - it's gonna be fun...

Bit in bold is precisely how I feel- I've never done anything but cramming, but always told myself that once it mattered (i.e now!) things would be different.:rolleyes:

Once a crammer, always a crammer.

• Advertisement

Patriciamc93 I think you like to use ''at the end of the day'' a lot :L

Haha didn't even notice.... Suppose at the end of the day it's just a good sentence to get the point across! :P

Advertisement