Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yahoo Mail on Phone's Email Client

Options
  • 04-06-2011 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭

Ok, Ive got a Sony Ericsson W910i

For some reason when I go online, access the webmail form and try to login, it wont accept my user details, giving me an authentication error. These same details work fine on my laptop.
    To get around this problem, I downloaded the Yahoo Mail for Mobile app and that worked well for a time last year. Now its not logging me in either. Ive removed it and installed the latest version, but its still not accepting the login.

So finally, ive decided to try to setup IMAP on the phones built in email client. Using the settings here, either leads the phone to search for the mail server indefinitely, or just give a "Server not Found" error straight away.

This is driving me mad as I need to be able to access emails when away from the pc. Ive read that there is also maybe an issue where certain networks (in my case 02) don't support IMAP for Yahoo. I do have eircom mail setup on the phone fine, however.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Have you set "allow" option in yahoo for imap support, it should be in the settings. Yahoo has this off by default.

Not quite sure what the problem is but you could try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Have you set "allow" option in yahoo for imap support, it should be in the settings. Yahoo has this off by default.

Not quite sure what the problem is but you could try that.
    Yes, in options/settings on yahoo's mail page you need to allow pop/imap forwarding. You'll also find the correct settings there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Legends. That was exactly it. :)

Advertisement