Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS from Ireland to International Mobile Numbers.

Options
  • 04-06-2011 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Not sure if this was covered here before, and if it has, apologies in advance, but does anybody know of a client I can use to send sms from Ireland to international locations without having to use my phone, or secondly if I have to use the phone, is there a client I can install that won't cost the earth.

Any input appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

O2 and Vodafone both allow international webtexts, either from the website or you could use a client like Cabbage from the phone or a PC. Otherwise apps like Skype allow you send texts for a fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Thanks ardmacha.

Unfortunately for me I'm with three! dammit I may have to fork out for skype so...

I'll have to check out the pricing on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

There are a variety of services as well as Skype. If you are texting a mate abroad why not just get a Voda or O2 prepaid SIM and have your mate reply to your regular number?

ardmacha wrote: »
    There are a variety of services as well as Skype. If you are texting a mate abroad why not just get a Voda or O2 prepaid SIM and have your mate reply to your regular number?

That's actually a great idea! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I use Voipbuster and Voipdiscount 3c a text anywhere in the world. Plus you can load up different send numbers so the recipient replies to the number sent from.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

tallus wrote: »
    Thanks ardmacha.

Unfortunately for me I'm with three! dammit I may have to fork out for skype so...

I'll have to check out the pricing on it.

If you are with Three, do you not already have Skype on your phone?

If you are with Three, do you not already have Skype on your phone?

Nope, I'm with 3 yes, but my phone isn't a 3 phone. I have skype installed, but my comment was with regard to having to pay to send texts internationally with Skype.

Greenman wrote: »
    I use Voipbuster and Voipdiscount 3c a text anywhere in the world. Plus you can load up different send numbers so the recipient replies to the number sent from.:)

Definetly worth looking into !
    It's about half the price of Skype text too.

Advertisement