Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-EU and trying to open an Irish bank account

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭esharknz

Not sure if it will work, but worth a shot. I arrived in 2006 on a WHV, with my New Zealand bank account statements (addressed to me at my parents address in NZ) just in case they asked for them at the border. Decided one day just to go around the banks and see if any would let me open an account. I went into the Permanent TSB, and they were happy enough to do this.
    Only other way really would be to get a PPS number, then apply for a certificate of tax credits. I was asked for proof of address when applying for my PPS number and just got the hostel where I was staying at the time to say I was staying there.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Call to the bank and they will give you a list of things which are suitable for proof of address. If you dont have anything on list you cant open the account, surely you have one of the items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Been through this when i moved to the UK, basically you need proof of address to get proof of address, very frustrating.

Advertisement