Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gobus

Options
  • 04-06-2011 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

I see gobus have a new website which looks very good and very user friendly compared to their old one.

They also have a very good offer, book 10 trips and get the 11th free plus they are a local company:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

dell1211 wrote: »
    I see gobus have a new website which looks very good and very user friendly compared to their old one.

They also have a very good offer, book 10 trips and get the 11th free plus they are a local company:)

Yeah, the new website's a nice revamp.
    I use them a lot and the service is great: friendly, helpful staff and clean, comfortable buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

This sooo smells like a shill ... but anyways:

Yes, it's a nicer website. Pity they've been so badly advised about use of Facebook though. I made the same mistake a couple of years ago (setting up as a personal account rather than a page). But they're a company ffs, you'd think the marketing folks advising them would know better.

Citylink, also have a shiney new website, which includes helpful maps showing the location of bus-stops in each town. And they've got a facebook page, so we can be Fans of it.

(I'm so never going to include a bus-company in my Friends!)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

AFAIK, it's a simple switch to a page for companies on FAcebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭dell1211

JustMary wrote: »
    This sooo smells like a shill ... but anyways:

how sorolleyes.gif? its my first post about gobus. Im passionate about supporting local/Irish business and i know that others are too. I logged into their site yesterday to book a ticket for the first time in about 2mths and saw that it was new and easier to use site and there was a deal and I didnt see any posts on here about it. Is this not what the galway forum is about, or is just purely for you to advertise your site?

Anyway its a pity that gobus havent managed to address their biggest flaw which is that when you book a return you have to select a return time and the only way to change is to ring them, because of this i only book one ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

how so
    No need for the rolling eyes. When I read the first post that was my first thought too. The first post isn't asking a question or raising any points for discussion, it reads like advertising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

how sorolleyes.gif, its my first post about gobus. I logged into their site yesterday to book a ticket for the first time in about 2mths and saw that it was new and easier to use site and there was a deal and I didnt see any posts on here about it. Is this not what the galway forum is about, or is just purely for you to advertise your site?

Anyway its a pity that gobus havent managed to address their biggest flaw which is that when you book a return you have to select a return time and the only way to change is to ring them, beacause of this i only book one ways.

It's a bit annoying I know, I get returns all the time. But I've had to change the time at short notice a few times and they've changed it straight away free of charge.
    Once I had to change to an earlier bus that was leaving before their office opened so I couldn't contact them first. The driver let me on with the ticket for the later bus.
    Really great customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

New user starting a thread that Gobus has a new website and you get 11th trip free. This does smell like a shill.

dell1211, you would do well by learning from the older users in the forum like Mary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement