Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get iphone4 to talk to UPC Netgear wireless router

• 04-06-2011 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

hi guys, I recently upgraded to an iphone4 which obviously has a wireless receiver built in. I have tried several times to connect to my 12MB UPC broadband but no joy. I definitely have the correct wireless password programmed into the ip4.

The funny thing is when I connect to the Vodafone DSL in my parents house, it works fine.

I downloaded the speedtest.net application and this works fine in my parents house reading all the correct ping results etc... but when i do the same speedtest on my iphone at home using the UPC broadband i get mad pings like 1532ms and 0.01 download speeds.

When I carry out a speedtest on my laptop at home I get a ping of 32ms and a download speed of 11.58 mps (this never changes)

Am I missing something really obvious here or what is wrong?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Try with security turned off first and then re-enable it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 donegalnordie

thanks for the reply, tried that but no joy. Would it be a faulty receiver on the ip4?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fermeen

If it works on your parents wireless then the phone is probably ok.

In your routers wireless options try using:

WPA2-PSK [AES]

This is what i use with a iPhone 3G and an android phone.

Advertisement