Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Begginner Longboarder

• 04-06-2011 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi longboard peeps...........ive been really obsessing over taking up longboarding just cause ive been playin around with my friends board around phoenix park and late night parking lot sesh..............and im currently saving up to buy a board....so i was just wonderin if any of yous are or know anyone selling their boards for a reasonable price (around 100 euros more or less, hopefully less :P..a good enough board for a begginer anyways... perfect for ALOT of downhill/cruising) please get in touch with me...

also if you have loads of free time and would like to teach a newbie like me the ropes of longboarding...like what decks/trucks/wheels are perfect for what...i would very much appreciate it....even just advices on what 1st board shall i get

i know im askin alot but im really really determined to get a board asap...so if you could please help me out !!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

Wreckless has a few boards for around the €100 range:
    http://shop.wreckless.ie/longboard-supplies-complete-longboards-c-130_131.html

Anything around that price range is gonna need an immediate bearing upgrade IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jose21

thanks guys but today i got my board....an apex37.....so if any of u from dublin wanna help a newbie out with more advanced stuff...hit me up im free everyday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Anything around that price range is gonna need an immediate bearing upgrade IMHO.

Why? If you're just starting out then it would be silly to buy a €100 board and then drop more money on fancy bearings.....

Use and abuse the stock bearings till you get better, by which time you might be looking at getting a new board anyway!

fair point, sure they're fine for learning. I'm just never happy with them personally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jose21

hey guys just wonderin if any of yous got helmet and maybe even pads ur not usin and willin to maybe give away? cuz i think i really need them but im down 125 euros from buyin my board.....so if u could id really appreciate it! thx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Doubt many people would give away pads/helmet.... here is some cheap starter gear from a shop on the north side.

€28 -Full set of pads

€24 Helmet

I'd never get on my board without a helmet after a big fall last year at around 50kmph... helmet defo saved me a trip to the hospital or worse, my shoulder took nearly 4 months to fully heal and be able to put weight on it while sliding.

Advertisement