Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with ABQ Business

• 05-06-2011 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Does anyone know how how to do this part of the exam properly? it's confusing to me, as i never feel like i'm choosing the right quotes from the text. any advice would be so much appreciated since so close to the exam now!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

its a tough section , but if you can support the quotes its ok. like i think in the marking scheme its say like ''The following Support Notes are neither exhaustive nor complete'. So on the marking scheme you might be wrong but theres several different angles each person can look at and can still be right.

'Possible links to text include' - it doesnt say this quote thats it or no marks!

I'm sorry i might not have explained this well:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

There's not much we can say. If you can't find the quotes you just need to practice. Link it to your answer. It doesn't have to be an exact quote,reference will suffice. You may be allowed make relevant assumptions where necessary,better than leaving it blank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 othello4

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Yeah Buddy

If you're genuinely can't find a link you could go something like this
    "We can assume that XYZ Ltd put their new product through test marketing before launch to minimise risk of failure"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭JOB93

Read the text first and underline words that you remember from your course that you were supposed to learn like "Marketing Strategy", "Human Resource Management", more often than not they want you to refer to these things.

I never believed in underlining but my biz teacher pushed me and now i couldn't do it without underlining key words

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Have you looked at the independents guide to answering the ABQ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

You have to use the formula of state-explain-example.
    Eg. State: The first stage of developing a new product is idea generation.
    Explain: This involves coming up with new ideas for products or services. It can be done internally or externally Eg. brainstorming.
    Example: Fashion designers LTD. has decided to launch a new brand range of clothes for the teenage market

Advertisement