Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia windows 7 problem

Options
  • 05-06-2011 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

So last night going to bed my computer is grand . just after a new instillation of Windows 7 to speed things up. Shutting down last night it was installing updates. nothing strange i normally do let the updates go themselves. today at 2 pm i switched on my computer and the screen was over sized and my monitor was readjusted.

i have it set with 2 black lines one top one bottom for widescreen effect. its an old 1995 Dell Ennis information age town monitor. Today Windows has told me my Nvidia Graphics card GeF.. 6800 no longer supports Windows Aero. I don't understand. last night at 3am it supports it and today it doesn't.

The updates surely could not have caused the card to go a wall. in saying that it is built for 2005 xp but it has supported windows 7 for the past year . why the change today. Now i did notice when i previously installed Wind..7 SP 1 the non aero effect went but i reinstalled and got my aero back. i checked now and i do not have Sp 1 installed.

Windows tell me that my drivers are upto date. im currently downloading Nvidia 275.33 update from their site and hope to install that manually. I really have no idea how it can just stop working.

Any help would be great thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Why are you still clinging on to one of those bastard things? They were obsolete when I first laid eyes on one back in 2000, nevermind 2011. Those arent even worth money anymore, they're a recyclable.

Try to roll back the driver, there is no point in something that old to be getting new drivers anyway, nothing in the old drivers will positively affect the way that old stuff runs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Overheal wrote: »
    Why are you still clinging on to one of those bastard things? They were obsolete when I first laid eyes on one back in 2000, nevermind 2011. Those arent even worth money anymore, they're a recyclable.

Try to roll back the driver, there is no point in something that old to be getting new drivers anyway, nothing in the old drivers will positively affect the way that old stuff runs.

clinging onto what. the monitor? im just so cheap that cant be arsed to buy a new one. otherwise once i find a hdmi i can use the tv.

Oh I read that wrong, I thought you meant the whole shagging 1995 PC and I was like o_O

You installed an updated driver right, so just rollback the driver to the previous driver, it should be back to normal after a reboot. Then, just never ever install a driver update for it again. It won't benefit from newer drivers anyhow.

I remember seeing it with a 6200 that it would only support Aero with the bundled Windows driver. I suspect Windows Update installed a driver that the card doesn't like.

I wish it would leave drivers alone unless there's a need to change them (such as no driver being installed), if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Oh I read that wrong, I thought you meant the whole shagging 1995 PC and I was like o_O

You installed an updated driver right, so just rollback the driver to the previous driver, it should be back to normal after a reboot. Then, just never ever install a driver update for it again. It won't benefit from newer drivers anyhow.

Righteo will set it back to previous version. thanks. I actually have the 95 pc under the current one ha ha . makes a great stand. hoping to get xp on it and turn it into a server.

• Advertisement

Some server that will be :pac:

Some server that will be :pac:

oh twill be the best when im finished with it. will have it smashed into a millon pieces . ha ha

Advertisement