Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car stolen

Options
  • 05-06-2011 11:14am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys my wheelchair adapted car was stolen last night in Balrothery it's a black Kia carnival like this 10D11810 if any one see it please let me know, they also took an apple ipad that is my sons communication device
    kia-carnival%20(3).jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

I will keep an eye out around balbriggan. Is your car exactly like this, panels in back instead of windows.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I will keep an eye out around balbriggan. Is your car exactly like this, panels in back instead of windows.

Yep it's the same they are blacked out windows with a towbar and some of the seats taken out.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi Fergal. Really sorry to hear that. I hope you get sorted ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 clay j

Hope you get your car back safe and sound.

So sorry to hear this Fergal. Will keep an eye out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Will also keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

When I read about stuff like this I just about blow a gasket. Sorry to hear OP - hope you get it back safe and sound and also that the bastards are caught and ...............

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Please post this also in motors, the guys there are great at looking out for stolen cars.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

A bit of good news the wheelchair ramps and my sons prescriptions were found in Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Good news. Hopefully you get your car back too. I wonder was there a spate of robberies on Saturday night because the Garda Helicopter was out at about 6am on Sunday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Really hope this has a happy ending for you Fergal, very best of luck with getting the car back.

The car was found in Swords, a bit bashed up as far as I know but it's about time I cashed in on my 23 years no claims bonus. Thanks for all the help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

fergal.b wrote: »
    The car was found in Swords, a bit bashed up as far as I know but it's about time I cashed in on my 23 years no claims bonus. Thanks for all the help

Good to hear Fergal, atleast you have it back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

That is something of a result. I hope some karma kicks in for whoever took it. Take care & regards to Mrs .b. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Henree

I saw one of these, same colour on 08WH plates in today in Wexford, I work in Car Sales for the last 6 years and haven't seen one, and today I see one???? thats mad, hardly they changed number plates?

fergal.b wrote: »

They would have been known as a sedona here up till last year so it must be an import.
    Or it's like when you get a new car and think there is not many of these around then you start seeing them everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I take it the Ipad was gone when you got the car back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Good to hear you got it back. Hopefully the scumbags who done it get what they deserve

I still haven't got it back forensic's are working on it, I hope it's nothing to do with that other incident.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Fergal, if your stuck fro a lift anywhere give me a bell and if I can help out I will.I will ask local wheelchair taxis to give a hand also, just let me know.Any sign of the ipad, Big hug to you and your family.CATHY

• Advertisement

Thanks cathy, I'm getting on to mobility ireland today they should be able to hire me a car and the insurance will pay towards it.

I have to say a big thanks to David Butler who did a 20k run and with the sponsorship of all the neighbours in Ringfort close Balrothery raised the money to replace Kyles ipad that he is learning to uses as a communication device.
    The good will of people by far out ways the badness in a few.
    DSC00758-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Great to hear Fergal.....should have set up a online sponsor page and i would have donated. Fair play to David.

Advertisement