Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband choices

• 05-06-2011 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there

I was wondering if any one can help me with With regards to the type and provider of broadband go with in Dublin. I have just moved to Dublin and am living in ashtown. I was intending to get UPC but some how UPC say I can only get tv and no broadband in my apartment. My apartment has an eircom line however there broadband is only 8mb with10gb download limit for 40euro. I would be a fairly heavy user mainly streaming tv shows. Can any one tell me the best broadband to get through an eircom line which has a good download limit?

I was also considering three mobile broadband at 30 euro with 60gb download but not sure what tv streaming would be like on this?

Any help would be a great help

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Pauljb1 wrote: »
    Hi there

I was wondering if any one can help me with With regards to the type and provider of broadband go with in Dublin. I have just moved to Dublin and am living in ashtown. I was intending to get UPC but some how UPC say I can only get tv and no broadband in my apartment. My apartment has an eircom line however there broadband is only 8mb with10gb download limit for 40euro. I would be a fairly heavy user mainly streaming tv shows. Can any one tell me the best broadband to get through an eircom line which has a good download limit?

I was also considering three mobile broadband at 30 euro with 60gb download but not sure what tv streaming would be like on this?

Any help would be a great help

Thanks

Paul

Mobile midband has a poor latency compared to fixed-line broadband, you'll more than likely have issues streaming with it.

Through an Eircom line, I'd recommend Magnet

Advertisement