Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continuing Students Accommodation

Options
  • 05-06-2011 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Does anyone know what time booking opened up last year for accommodation for continuing students or what time it's gonna open up on the 8th next week? Also what are the chances of being able to get an apartment together with 3 other friends if you all go on at the same time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Shane L

I'd like to know the same info as above if anybody has any information!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Anyone have any idea how quickly the spaces on campus run out?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

its been several years since i applied for on campus accommodation, but to my recollection, it filled up pretty fast, and there is almost zero percent of being placed with 3 of your friends OP.

Tbh, i didnt like living on campus. Merville sucked balls. I know lots of people liked it, but just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭swatch

triseke wrote: »
    there is almost zero percent of being placed with 3 of your friends OP.

Does anyone know of anyone who managed to get with a few friends before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

swatch wrote: »
    Does anyone know of anyone who managed to get with a few friends before?

Yes. You get to pick your house, apartment and room number, so just make sure you're all organised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 b00mIR

Can't remember the date for when it's open, but you can choose what apartment and room etc. now, also it is completely open to anyone now as of last year. Doesn't matter if you're from dublin 4 or letterkenny everyone has the same chance of getting a spot.

Also just to note in merville some of the apartments have 5 rooms in them, in those apartments some of the rooms are a bit bigger that the standard ones so are worth getting. Houses 1-5 6-6 11-5 16-6 13-6 and 14-5 all have 5 bedrooms in each rooms 4 and 5 are the biggest with room 5 having a much bigger window facing out usually to the squares.

If you want to get some decent sleep at night i'd suggest going for a house that doesn't back onto one of the main squares otherwise each night you'll be woken up at about 3-5 as people come back home. The best rooms to go for then are 13-6-4 and 14-5-4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭supernutrino

Anyone who wants to band a few continuing students in the middle folk together PM me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Only 288 places :eek:

eek!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Scatterbrain

My SIS account seems to have me down in the Senior Year eligibility category, but I'm only going into second year - will this change when it goes online, or...? :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

My SIS account seems to have me down in the Senior Year eligibility category, but I'm only going into second year - will this change when it goes online, or...? :confused:

I'm going into 2nd year and it says "Continuing Undergraduates" and says there are 288 places reserved. Do you have more? If so, say nothing??

Also, it's not just my SIS account that says "Online accomodation is temporarily unavailable" is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭supernutrino

Only 288 places :eek:

eek!

I've seen a lot of people spooked by that, the logic of it is first years need more places because they're a more vulnerable group, UCD can be a very isolating and scary place for newbies and living with other first years is a great way to get to know people if you didn't bring half your secondary school with you.
    When your in second year your already settled in (most people are anyway)
    My SIS account seems to have me down in the Senior Year eligibility category, but I'm only going into second year - will this change when it goes online, or...?

Dont' argue with that it makes it more likley you'll get a place haha :D

Heres the breakdown:
    • Junior (1st Year) 832 Spaces
    • Continuing (2nd, 3rd, 4th 5th continuing) 285 Spaces
    • Senior Year (Final Stage / Year and Postgraduate) 490 Spaces
    • International Undergraduates 950 Spaces
    • UCD Residence Scholarship Schemes 110 Spaces

Those spaces are across all residences.

In case anyones wondering, if you are 3rd year but thats the final year of your course that should place you in the "senior year" category.

I'm going into 2nd year and it says "Continuing Undergraduates" and says there are 288 places reserved. Do you have more? If so, say nothing??

Also, it's not just my SIS account that says "Online accomodation is temporarily unavailable" is it?

It will say that on everyones SIS until the menu actually opens.
    Keep refreshing if it still says that in the AM.

Yeah, it's saying that there's 490 places available for senior years, anyhoo.. Oh well, fingers crossed!

And you're not alone on the "temporarily unavailable" thing, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Now SIS won't even load. They should have opened this an hour ago - the people that really wanted it could have gotten it. I stayed up all night and now I can't even get into SIS :eek:

Now SIS won't even load. They should have opened this an hour ago - the people that really wanted it could have gotten it. I stayed up all night and now I can't even get into SIS :eek:

Likewise. I just got through to the accommodation page there, and it's still "temporarily unavailable", though, so don't fret about missing anything. Still - minor heart attack when it wouldn't load!!!

Everytime I refresh the page it logs me out and won't let me log back in. This is disheartening to say the least - it seems like luck now, and not a first come first saved basis over who gets the accomodation.

Apparently final years have gotten on already to book theirs so it's just the students stuck in the middle that are left now.....I wish they'd just put it up so I can go back to sleep :(

Roooiiiight, if it's not up by seven I swear I'll-, I'll-... I'll-... I'll go make breakfast.
    FURIOUSLY. :mad:

Ok it's going a bit faster for now and it's stopped locking me out of the account now - if I don't get this I'll be gutted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Hi, I am a final year student and I have not been able to book yet. The system still reads that all 490 places are still available to book:)

Mines going faster too......BUT STILL NO APARTMENTS :mad:

• Advertisement

Slow again FML

Aaaand... It's up!

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Is anybody else's stuck on the "fetching available rooms" bit?

Musefan wrote: »
    Is anybody else's stuck on the "fetching available rooms" bit?

Yes...

OMG error I could have a heart attack :eek:

There was an error after it was fetching for ages now I can't get back into SIS :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 elixx

server down?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gorrillafrier

It looks like the system has crashed , so nerve wrecking! Hope its not!

Mine's still fetching while I slowly die on the inside.
    Anybody actually manage to book a room yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Stevo91

Mines is still fetching aswel ! What a joke ! Bloody idiots !

• Advertisement

I'm locked out of SIS again "No response from server" this is ridiculous so typical

Advertisement