Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continuing Students Accommodation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

I'm locked out of SIS again "No response from server" this is ridiculous so typical
    I'm the same!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

They're typically not answering their phones although I'm getting a vodafone voicemail for a completely different number when I ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

My SIS account seems to have me down in the Senior Year eligibility category, but I'm only going into second year - will this change when it goes online, or...? :confused:

I'm doing my brother's for him. He's the same, he's down as senior years but he's only going into second year!

Now it's back to the "online accommodation is temporarily unavailable" message for me

lizt wrote: »
    Now it's back to the "online accommodation is temporarily unavailable" message for me
    Mine has been fetching a room for me for the last 10 minutes! At this rate I could fetch it myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭swatch

Has ANYONE got a room yet????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 elixx

Why am I paying 12 500 for a Masters programme when I have to deal with this sh.it. FFS UCD get your act together.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I rang them up and got through IT Services are working on fixing this and she thinks that nobody has booked a room yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Scatterbrain

Anybody else irked at the fact that they stayed up all night/got up early only to be foiled by UCD's shoddy tech preparation?
    They should fear the wrath of a mob of disoriented, sleep deprived students. Surely, the thought must strike terror into the hearts of even the bravest men. Disoriented students, UNITE! :pac:
    -
    I'm doing my brother's for him. He's the same, he's down as senior years but he's only going into second year!

Just another glitch, I'd say. Just gonna roll with it, anyhoo. :D
    Mine has been fetching a room for me for the last 10 minutes! At this rate I could fetch it myself!
    I feel your pain. Mine's been fetching for the past 45 minutes.

did she give you any idea of when it might be working again?

• Advertisement

anyone making progress?

anyone making progress?
    Nope, still fetching!

No all she said was that IT services were working on it!

This is now the 5th time I have been logged out and unable to log back in.

Edit: I just got lucky enough to actually get to the accomodation page and it says "Online accomodation is temporarily unavailable" just like it did before it opened. They must have closed it?????

No all she said was that IT services were working on it!

This is now the 5th time I have been logged out and unable to log back in.

Edit: I just got lucky enough to actually get to the accomodation page and it says "Online accomodation is temporarily unavailable" just like it did before it opened. They must have closed it?????

been getting that for the last ten minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 calzini

How did you get through to an actual human? The voicemail told me their phone opening hours are monday, thursday and friday. This is bloody ridiculous. I stayed up all night to book this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Stevo91

it says 2 rooms held now

mine's still saying 0 rooms held

It keeps saying online accomodation is unavailable yet there are 4 rooms held? Who is getting these rooms and how? :eek:

I'm slowly losing the will to live! Is this what I can look forward to when I come to UCD? Just let me book a room and all will be forgiven!

Ok now there are no places held. Possibly the 4 places were just tests by the IT services. Either way my heart rate is fast approaching the 200's there must be hundreds of people waiting on this how can I possibly compete seeing as it's no longer first-come-first-served :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 adorna

at least I've learned my student number by heart by now - and I have an excuse to cancel my dentist's appointment this morning...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Stevo91

Time to start sending some abuse i think..... http://www.facebook.com/pages/UCD-Res-Life/133202030059813?ref=ts
    I need somewhere to let out my rage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Sefirah

GAAAAH! I have a flight to Israel this morning and parents who are too inept to do this on my behalf

COME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!

I rang again. IT Services have taken the accomodation application down and are trying to allocate more server space to it. This could take 10 minutes, an hour, possibly even longer, they aren't sure. The system had crashed because of too many users which is why they removed it.

I rang again. IT Services have taken the accomodation application down and are trying to allocate more server space to it. This could take 10 minutes, an hour, possibly even longer, they aren't sure. The system had crashed because of too many users which is why they removed it.

Surely they know there is going to be a large demand on the system? This is ridiculous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Sefirah

:O don't have an hour
    WTF it's as if someone sprang this on them unexpectedly
    IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR!!

I really don't understand why they have everyone apply on the same say? Wouldn't it make more sense to have different years apply on different days?? And therefore a smaller number logging on to the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 smurk

IM gona blow up if they dont sort this outtt!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

This is really getting ridiculous by now...

• Advertisement

Well so much for getting up early to beat the crowd!

Advertisement