Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continuing Students Accommodation

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Well so much for getting up early to beat the crowd!

I stayed up all night for nothing it seems. I wonder how many people are waiting for these 288 places?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

I stayed up all night for nothing it seems. I wonder how many people are waiting for these 288 places?
    Ohhh that's rough! Hopefully you'll get a place. You deserve it for persistence at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

I hope I get one too! I've been hitting refresh every 3 mins or less since 11.30!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I can say with some confidence that I could recite by heart the UCD Accommodation page. In fact accommodation doesn't even look like a word anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

They really should just put up a time to apply instead of having everyone sitting around trying to figure out when it will open.

• Advertisement

Update on SIS

We are current experiencing problems with the Online Application System and are working to resolve this.

If you already started an application this morning, then we have noted this and will shortly send you an email to your UCD email account, in the order in which you started your application, telling you when you can complete this application.

If you have not started an application this morning, then please check back on this page for updates. We will reopen booking when the problem is resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

what constitutes an application that has already begun? I couldn't get past the fetching rooms stage!

lizt wrote: »
    what constitutes an application that has already begun? I couldn't get past the fetching rooms stage!
    Plus I don't even have a ucd email account!!

Someone please post here if/when they get an email, I'll have to start refreshing the oul email account now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Stevo91

Do they just expect people to sit by there computer all day click re ****ing fresh ... this is a joke and they need to set a timeline of some sort . Screw all this waiting around

SIS UPDATE

We are current experiencing problems with the Online Application System and are working to resolve this.

If you already started an application this morning - i.e. clicked the "Book Now" link, then we have noted this and will
    shortly send you an email to your UCD email account, in the order in which you started your application, telling you
    when you can complete this application.

If you have not started an application this morning, then please check back on this page at 12 noon for an update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭inbodwetrust

There were well able to issue fines for small hygiene issues and organise loads of meetings for minor disciplinary issues but cant have this system set up to work properly. Surely after last years check in fiasco you think they would of learnt, I would rate my chances of getting an apartment with my friend at zero now.

Just after having to ring in sick from work which is going to have consequences that I will have to deal with tomorrow, all because residences couldnt carry out the task they are paid to do.

Stevo91 wrote: »
    Do they just expect people to sit by there computer all day click re ****ing fresh ... this is a joke and they need to set a timeline of some sort . Screw all this waiting around

SIS UPDATE

If you already started an application this morning - i.e. clicked the "Book Now" link, then we have noted this and will
    shortly send you an email to your UCD email account, in the order in which you started your application, telling you
    when you can complete this application.

If you have not started an application this morning, then please check back on this page at 12 noon for an update
    But how do you know if you started an application or not. I got as far as fetching a room but then I got logged out!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Scatterbrain

But how do you know if you started an application or not. I got as far as fetching a room but then I got logged out!?!

"Book Room" was before the "fetching" page, so you had started your application, according to their terms.

Same with me - that happened 5 times. I think it's ok as we pressed Book Now. But I'm hoping that one of my later 'Book Nows' didn't override my earlier 'Book Now's so that it looks like I started the application relatively late. This is sickening :(

Same with me - that happened 5 times. I think it's ok as we pressed Book Now. But I'm hoping that one of my later 'Book Nows' didn't override my earlier 'Book Now's so that it looks like I started the application relatively late. This is sickening :(
    And I thought only Leaving Cert students would be stressed today!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

It said what time of your last application on the accommodation booking menu .
    Do u think they will give us all different times to log into our sis to book a room??

And I thought only Leaving Cert students would be stressed today!

I'd rather be sitting my Leaving Cert than going through this :o

The announcement has made me more nervous. I shouldn't have pressed Book Now 4 times, I don't think I'll get campus now after all the persistence :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭supernutrino

Tech problems.
    Happens every year with module choices why would room bookings be different
    :D
    They're typically not answering their phones although I'm getting a vodafone voicemail for a completely different number when I ring.

They're probably trying but theres 5-6 people in the office and 100s of calls I'd say.

Keep in mind guys if you don't have the confirmation email you don't have the room, keep your email open when booking to make sure.

It won't be opening again for a few hours.

I'd rather be sitting my Leaving Cert than going through this :o

The announcement has made me more nervous. I shouldn't have pressed Book Now 4 times, I don't think I'll get campus now after all the persistence :(
    Keep thinking positive, it's all we have left!

I rang again (this is my 11th time dialing that number and have gotten through 3 times they must think I'm a lunatic) and was talking to an RA, who wasn't really sure but she imagines that it would be the first time I pressed Book Now, not the 4th. I think she's wrong but hope she's right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭J77

Ok so I'm at work and while I do have access to my regular gmail account here ucd email doesn't show up in ucd connect and it doesnt work when I try to log in through gmail login page. Any Ideas!? Waiting for this email!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 elixx

How quickly do these rooms actually go? I mean will they all be gone by tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

I'm pretty sure they'll be on gone by tomorrow, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Has anybody got an email? I was on the system very early and I haven't received one yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 elixx

I need a room for Probey House at the Business School campus. Will they also disappear?

Musefan wrote: »
    Has anybody got an email? I was on the system very early and I haven't received one yet?

Nope, not yet. They'll be sent before twelve, anyhow, I guess. You can't rush UCD. :rolleyes:

If you go from the SIS Main page to Enter Module Registration, continue then press the accommodation tab, you can see how many places are taken, and it's now at 30. How the hell are these people taking places, completely unfair as it's closed for us. Are people receiving emails?

If you go from the SIS Main page to Enter Module Registration, continue then press the accommodation tab, you can see how many places are taken, and it's now at 30. How the hell are these people taking places, completely unfair as it's closed for us. Are people receiving emails?

I haven't. This is getting pretty worrying.
    Hey, Timbuk2, how have you been getting through to people at UCD, by the way? The student desk number isn't working for me. :confused:

I've been ringing the accommodation office 017161034 - you can get through to Merville or Roebuck or anywhere but they'll attempt to answer questions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭inbodwetrust

Ye the first 50 emails have been sent out my friend got one and tooks his place

Advertisement