Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continuing Students Accommodation

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Ye the first 50 emails have been sent out my friend got one and tooks his place

FECK!!

I should really stop posting in this thread, this is my 24th post, the next highest is 11 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Scatterbrain

I've been ringing the accommodation office 017161034 - you can get through to Merville or Roebuck or anywhere but they'll attempt to answer questions!

Thanks a mill. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Got my place in Merville.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭inbodwetrust

FECK!!

I should really stop posting in this thread, this is my 24th post, the next highest is 11 :o

Ye that was my reaction aswell seems from the tone fo the call that Residence have transferred responsibility to ILTG and that there will be a next set of 50 or so emails sent out before it reopens around 12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

is there many places in merville left ??? what time was your first application at

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

HOW??

feck this. I've been on since 7 in the morning trying to do this for my brother, who's currently in hospital!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Ya I thought if I was up at 7.30 I would have been high on the list, guess not.

Ya I thought if I was up at 7.30 I would have been high on the list, guess not.

I know, I would have thought I should have been quite high on the list but no email yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 calzini

Yeah try staying up ALL night and still not getting an email. UCD seriously need to come up with a new system for this.

Anyone know when the second batch of emails are being sent out :/?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

If you go to the main SIS page, begin module registration, skip through your personal details you should arrive at accomodation (you can't book but you can look at the time you applied).

It says time last applied / last updated - does this represent the time that they're basing the emails on? I hope so, mine is 07.18 which means I'm a bit surprised (if that's correct) that I haven't received an email.

Oh please please please please, I'd be gutted if I didn't get it.

(I know I said I wouldn't post here anymore :o Sorry!)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭J77

What time did you apply at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 smores08

My friends scribing for the junior so i now have the joy of doing it for her but she didn't give me her ucd connect password and seeing as shes in the exam till 12 im not even sure if she got to the book now part. What are the emails saying do you have to follow a link or will there be anyway of knowing through SIS?

smores08 wrote: »
    My friends scribing for the junior so i now have the joy of doing it for her but she didn't give me her ucd connect password and seeing as shes in the exam till 12 im not even sure if she got to the book now part. What are the emails saying do you have to follow a link or will there be anyway of knowing through SIS?

My bro password for connect is DOB ddmmyy.

Applied at 7.17 - still no word. Kinda regretting pulling an all-nighter for this now. :/ Shucks.
    C'monnnnn closure!

lizt wrote: »
    My bro password for connect is DOB ddmmyy.

Thats her SIS but is refusing to work for connect so think she changed it but thank you

Its saying 7.18 for me as well.

What do I click in on to get the exact time?

Click into enter registration on the SIS welcome page and keep clicking continue and i think it was on the fees page

Gotta say, the folks in at the accommodation offices are lovely and really apologetic, but they have no clue what's going on.
    I was just on to a guy in the main office who said that only five or six emails have gone out so far (don't know if that's right, as others on boards have been saying that 50 have been sent) and that there's a good few yet to go, so no need for panic stations yet, if you were in early. :)
    Also, the regular booking probably won't be reopening at 12; there'll just be an announcement.
    What a mess. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I might be clutching at straws here but does the wording of this
    "If you already started an application this morning - i.e. clicked the "Book Now" link, then we have noted this and will
    shortly send you an email to your UCD email account, in the order in which you started your application, telling you
    when you can complete this application."
    combined with the fact that our applications have been recorded mean that Residence will surely try to allocate the rooms on the first come first serve basis that is supposed to occur.

I might be clutching at straws here but does the wording of this
    "If you already started an application this morning - i.e. clicked the "Book Now" link, then we have noted this and will
    shortly send you an email to your UCD email account, in the order in which you started your application, telling you
    when you can complete this application."
    combined with the fact that our applications have been recorded mean that Residence will surely try to allocate the rooms on the first come first serve basis that is supposed to occur.

I think so. I HOPE so.

Where is everyone applying for?

Gotta say, the folks in at the accommodation offices are lovely and really apologetic, but they have no clue what's going on.
    I was just on to a guy in the main office who said that only five or six emails have gone out so far (don't know if that's right, as others on boards have been saying that 50 have been sent) and that there's a good few yet to go, so no need for panic stations yet, if you were in early. :)
    Also, the regular booking probably won't be reopening at 12; there'll just be an announcement.
    What a mess. :rolleyes:

Apparently a few people managed to sneak their bookings in by going through the registration system instead of the Accomodation Menu system (which has since been disabled). My friend did this but couldn't see anywhere to pay the deposit but he was told he had room x on campus. Then it transpired that he didn't have the room at all because he hadn't paid the deposit - the 40 odd people that did pay the deposit managed to keep their bookings.

Apparently. The people in the accomodation office have been nice when I rang them but there appears to be no consistent system to this and a lot of passing the book to IT Services.

And I've said this before, but if anyone actually receives one of these emails in person could they say so here - I'd really appreciate it, as would my sanity :o

Yeah I'm beginning to think these emails are fictional, they'll open the system again and it will just be a massive free for all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rhonda28

I am also trying to book a room for someone else and didn't have the ucd connect password. i rang the IT people and they changed the password. phone - 01 7162700

lizt wrote: »
    Yeah I'm beginning to think these emails are fictional, they'll open the system again and it will just be a massive free for all!

I suspect you may be right but I really hope you aren't!

I've been refreshing and whatnot now for 12 hours :eek: (I'll probably need glasses from now on). I'm lucky I don't have a job, UCD are putting some people in an awful position.

Rhonda28 wrote: »

I am also trying to book a room for someone else and didn't have the ucd connect password. i rang the IT people and they changed the password. phone - 01 7162700

Got her password finally but sadly no email. Thanks anyway

I suspect you may be right but I really hope you aren't!

I've been refreshing and whatnot now for 12 hours :eek: (I'll probably need glasses from now on). I'm lucky I don't have a job, UCD are putting some people in an awful position.

+1
    Had to ring in this morning and fake a mysterious illness that came on over night and will be dissapeared this time tomorrow morning when the manager starts questioning me about my rapid recovery. It is not on in these recessionary times where money and more so jobs are so hard to come by that UCD due to their own incompetency are putting these both in jeopardy for their students. Is it just me or do you never hear these kind of nightmare stories with Trinity like its all well and good UCD putting videos like this trying to attract new students

but maybe they should do more to ensure the students that they have are looked after properly

• Advertisement

There are much fairer ways of allocating accommodation. People have had to give up their whole day to sit in front of a computer pressing refresh.

Advertisement