Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continuing Students Accommodation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭J77

It's just changed from 243 places available to 241 places available on mine. Something happening perhaps?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I love UCD in general but the admin side of it seems really lacking. For an incoming first year student (me last year) it is completely daunting. I hadn't a clue what an elective was nor what I should be picking but I had to do all that without ever stepping foot in a college lecture before.

Booking accomodation for first year (got a very late offer for campus which for various reasons turned out to be a lifesaver as my other accomodation cancelled [digs] ). But the deadline on the website to pay money by did not match the deadline on the licence to reside which didn't match what they said on the phone. Their methods of payment was incorrect as they listed bank giro so I requested online to send out a bank giro which never came, I rang and it transpires they don't do bank giros.

It was a pain in the arse to actually get set up but once everything was paid for and whatnot then it was smooth and I hadn't any problems with UCD Admin or accommodation, apart from my student card deactivating randomly every few weeks and having to walk into the RAs at 11pm on a Sunday night to get it reactivated! (apparently they kept setting it to 365hours as opposed to days :P ).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

There's a "Complete my Registration" option that appeared up on the SIS page - I was able to book thank goodness! I didn't get an email prior to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭supernutrino

elixx wrote: »
    I need a room for Probey House at the Business School campus. Will they also disappear?

Not as fast as Belfield Campus res will no.
    If you go from the SIS Main page to Enter Module Registration, continue then press the accommodation tab, you can see how many places are taken, and it's now at 30. How the hell are these people taking places, completely unfair as it's closed for us. Are people receiving emails?

Theres two possible explanations for that:

1. Its the res scholarship places which are I think the only ones booked manually (RAs, NewEra, Sports Scholarships etc) and thats what showing up.
    2. That those got in while it was in test mode by IT to see if it they'd fixed it.

Nobody snuck in, trust me, they can't, it doen'st work that way.
    They may have just refreshed faster than you and got in when it was open for like a few seconds for testing.

If anyone who tried to use another method didn't get a confirmation email they don't have the room and they definitly don't have it without the deposit.
    I've been ringing the accommodation office 017161034 - you can get through to Merville or Roebuck or anywhere but they'll attempt to answer questions!

Try to cut the people on other side of phone a break theres just 1 or 2 of them dealing with the tech stuff the rest have other jobs.
    Gotta say, the folks in at the accommodation offices are lovely and really apologetic, but they have no clue what's going on.
    I was just on to a guy in the main office who said that only five or six emails have gone out so far (don't know if that's right, as others on boards have been saying that 50 have been sent) and that there's a good few yet to go, so no need for panic stations yet, if you were in early. :)
    Also, the regular booking probably won't be reopening at 12; there'll just be an announcement.
    What a mess. :rolleyes:

They don't know because they're probably not being kept up to date very fast by who ever is dealing with the tech issues.
    I might be clutching at straws here but does the wording of this
    "If you already started an application this morning - i.e. clicked the "Book Now" link, then we have noted this and will
    shortly send you an email to your UCD email account, in the order in which you started your application, telling you
    when you can complete this application."
    combined with the fact that our applications have been recorded mean that Residence will surely try to allocate the rooms on the first come first serve basis that is supposed to occur.

Thats what they'll try to do.

CALM DOWN guys nearly all the rumors flying around here are total bulls*it nobodys "sneaking" in. :D I get your anxiety but theres no secret cabal of people sneaking in ahead of you the only people who have guaranteed places are sports scholarships, NewEra (and I'm not even sure there only saying that because they're already here :) ) and RA's, everyone else competes through the same system equally.
    lizt wrote: »
    There are much fairer ways of allocating accommodation. People have had to give up their whole day to sit in front of a computer pressing refresh.

Used to be manual, they'd put the same years together, same classes together, but still take into account requests for friends together and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Scatterbrain

"No Response from Application Web Server

There was no response from the application web server for the page you requested.
    Please notify the site's webmaster and try your request again later."

:mad: Roar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 adorna

their server seems to be down again, **** it!

There's a "Complete my Registration" option that appeared up on the SIS page - I was able to book thank goodness! I didn't get an email prior to this.

Congrats! Finally!

Don't worry, the high tech smart economy of the future will come from third level :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Been trying to get back on to SIS for the past 15 minutes and it's not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

Whats the email adress , i got so far as paying wit my card and then crash !! dunno if i have it now or not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

had merville and then it crashed, so gutted.....so annoyed atm

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Stevo91

I just got in , Where it usually said apply for a room- temporarily unavailable... there was an extra option below which said Complete application. So go check it out....

Where did you get?

Whats the email adress , i got so far as paying wit my card and then crash !! dunno if i have it now or not

Don't bother emailing or calling now you won't get through.

Did you click confirm etc? If so then you can just wait for your email.

Check your online banking stuff as well, if your deposits been taken then you should be getting confirmation email soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 calzini

I managed to get through to the accommodation office, and was told that if you clicked "book room" pre-crash, and still haven't received an email, just sit tight and wait, basically. She said the email will give us a specific time to go online and book, and that we will be given priority over those who didn't click Book Room this morning. She said we're not to go online and try book again, but to follow the instructions in the email.
    'Course I was told by someone else that the site would be live again at 12, and since some of us (and I'm guessing it's most of us) still haven't received the email, I'm not sure how we're going to be prioritised over those who are going/perhaps have been able to successfully book at 12.

Got into SIS but don't have a complete application link :(

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

How do you do the complete my registration thing? I definitely started an application this morning at but there is no accommodation tab in the registration bit

Stevo91 wrote: »
    I just got in , Where it usually said apply for a room- temporarily unavailable... there was an extra option below which said Complete application. So go check it out....

not for me.... but i started my application this morning too.... nice!:mad:

Musefan wrote: »
    How do you do the complete my registration thing? I definitely started an application this morning at but there is no accommodation tab in the registration bit

Same as.... maybe they're releasing it in batches? Hope to god I can get my brother something, he doesn't need more bad news.

calzini wrote: »
    I managed to get through to the accommodation office, and was told that if you clicked "book room" pre-crash, and still haven't received an email, just sit tight and wait, basically. She said the email will give us a specific time to go online and book, and that we will be given priority over those who didn't click Book Room this morning. She said we're not to go online and try book again, but to follow the instructions in the email.
    'Course I was told by someone else that the site would be live again at 12, and since some of us (and I'm guessing it's most of us) still haven't received the email, I'm not sure how we're going to be prioritised over those who are going/perhaps have been able to successfully book at 12.

Some advice for all of you....

Trust what the actual accomidation office says.

Ignore everyone else, SU, random boards.ie posters (except me, obviously cos I know all and see all :D:cool: )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Teresa_123

If you go to the main SIS page, begin module registration, skip through your personal details you should arrive at accomodation (you can't book but you can look at the time you applied).

Sorry I'm new. Could someone be so kind as to post the link for the main SIS page? I'd like to find out about my application time.

Stevo91 wrote: »

Haven't got that. It's all still unavailable for me, anyway. Ah, man..

new:

If you already started an application this morning - i.e. clicked the "Book Now" link, then we have noted this. You will receive an email before 12:30 outlining how and when you can complete your application.

If you have not started an application this morning, then please check back on this page at 18:00 for an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Well they've got 6 minutes to email me or else I'll be waiting to 18:00 like everyone else. Should have stayed in bed this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Teresa_123

adorna wrote: »
    new:

If you already started an application this morning - i.e. clicked the "Book Now" link, then we have noted this. You will receive an email before 12:30 outlining how and when you can complete your application.

If you have not started an application this morning, then please check back on this page at 18:00 for an update.

Ok I'll wait. Thank you for your quick reply!

@ west wing: I think it's GMT time. So there's almost an hour left until 12:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Stevo91

Complete registration image:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22422835/UCD.png

There is also an email out now.....
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22422835/ucd%202.png

I clicked on the book now link so I should get an email. If not they will be getting a very angry phone call from a sleep deprived woman!!

lizt wrote: »
    Where did you get?

Glenomena - should be good, a bit unnerving not knowing who the roommates will be though!

I got this email just there
    Dear [me],

We noted that you were one of the first to commence an application for accommodation this morning. We regret that there were problems with the system which we are in the process of resolving.

Meanwhile, we would like to give you an opportunity to complete your application by 15:00 today before we open this to others.

When you log into system - and go to the Student Accommodation menu - you will notice a menu option "Complete your Application" which will bring you back into the booking system. Click "Book Now" to commence the process.

Thank you for your patience.

Do I need to do this? My application seems to be confirmed, I have paid my deposit. I don't want to lose it at 3.00 after getting my hopes up, but I can't see a Book Now option anywhere.

Teresa_123 wrote: »
    Ok I'll wait. Thank you for your quick reply!

@ west wing: I think it's GMT time. So there's almost an hour left until 12:30.

No, it's 12.30 now. But they were fifteen minutes late with their update so they'll probably be late with the emails.

• Advertisement

Glenomena - should be good, a bit unnerving not knowing who the roommates will be though!

I got this email just there
    Dear [me],

We noted that you were one of the first to commence an application for accommodation this morning. We regret that there were problems with the system which we are in the process of resolving.

Meanwhile, we would like to give you an opportunity to complete your application by 15:00 today before we open this to others.

When you log into system - and go to the Student Accommodation menu - you will notice a menu option "Complete your Application" which will bring you back into the booking system. Click "Book Now" to commence the process.

Thank you for your patience.

Do I need to do this? My application seems to be confirmed, I have paid my deposit. I don't want to lose it at 3.00 after getting my hopes up, but I can't see a Book Now option anywhere.

Seems to be confirmed?
    Did you get an email saying that? an automated email from SIS saying you have the room?
    If so then you should have the room.

Advertisement