Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continuing Students Accommodation

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

._. wrote: »
    Ah, so I suppose all but port 80 are blocked then?
    I'm pretty sure I can get around that ;)
    eduroam is, to the best of my knowledge, completely open - no proxy needed, and I believe you can torrent over it. They do, however, keep an eye out for it, and crack down if they see it, since some godless reprobates use torrents for piracy. If you're just using it for legit means, as I'm sure you all are, then you should be alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭supernutrino

Raphael wrote: »
    eduroam is, to the best of my knowledge, completely open - no proxy needed, and I believe you can torrent over it. They do, however, keep an eye out for it, and crack down if they see it, since some godless reprobates use torrents for piracy. If you're just using it for legit means, as I'm sure you all are, then you should be alright.

What is eduroam? I've seen that on the wifi list a few times beside WaveLan, whats the difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It's a private network UCD are rolling out. You need to use your UCD Connect details to log on, but once you're on then it's unrestricted. No proxy required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 adorna

hi i got another question, maybe you can help me:
    i've read in the rules that a guest is only allowed to stay for two consecutive nights in the accomodation - so that it is guarateed every resident has the chance etc. i do not quite understand that because i have booked an en-suite room and i don't know who should be bothered by someone staying say four nights instead of two. is it really that strict? thing is that i'm an exchange-student and i've planned that some family and friends can visit me. it wouldn't be really worthwile for them to pay the flight and all and only stay for two nights... i'm a bit worried now. any experiences? thank you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I don't think you'll have a problem having guests over once your housemates are ok with it. If they get in before the gates close, which is at 10pm, then it's unlikely that you'll have any difficulty with it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

Just wondering has anyone at all received an email about getting the deposit back? needed for oxegen ticket:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

frser32 wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone at all received an email about getting the deposit back? needed for oxegen ticket:D

No I haven't. I emailed them about a week ago (also need the deposit money back!) and they said we'd get emails sometime in late June / early July with instructions on how to transfer the deposit into our bank accounts - I had hoped it was going to be this week!

Advertisement