Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations on a night out tonight (Sun)

Options
  • 05-06-2011 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

There's a few of us lads going out in town tonight.

We're looking for somewhere a little different to the normal routine - i.e. Coppers, NV, the palace etc...

We're all in our early 20's and single. We even considering suiting up for tonight just to make it a little different (we're getting bored of the same old clubs).

I was thinking of a few different places like Capitol bar, 4 Dame Lane etc... but I think there all an older crowd (which doesn't necessarily bother us) and that they'll be full of couples (which kind of does bother us!).

I'd really appreciate some recommendations of some places a little different

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

12 Sundays @ Bernard Shaw is always good craic. Closes early (11.30-12.00?) so you could head somewhere after. Dingy little bar but has lots of personality, good crowd (if a little hipstery at times) and great music. Music and crowd wise its about as far from Coppers, the palace etc as you can get so not sure if it would be your thing though.

Also, Caribou are doing a DJ set in Button Factory which should be good craic and you'll get a big crowd as its the after party for Forbidden Fruits. Alternatively try Twisted Pepper or The South William ?

188127_217186998315733_8309119_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 fitness2010

Cheers,

Any other suggestions?

Is Sin in Temple bar meant to be good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭keanooo

Is Sin in Temple bar meant to be good?

Sin is full of knackers and Howayaz. I'd avoid it. There are single women there but the atmosphere is terrible.

Ri-Ra is having a reggae/dancehall night which is normally good and it goes onto late... Upstairs from it is normally good too (The Globe, same venue).

keanooo wrote: »
    Sin is full of knackers and Howayaz. I'd avoid it. There are single women there but the atmosphere is terrible.

Ri-Ra is having a reggae/dancehall night which is normally good and it goes onto late... Upstairs from it is normally good too (The Globe, same venue).

Cheers, I thought Sin was pretty up market but then I guess things can change pretty quickly.

We'd be looking to avoid the whole knacker and howayaz vibe if possible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement