Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Accomodation

Options
  • 05-06-2011 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

I just moved into student accommodation for the summer and forgot that they block people from playing xbox or pc games..Since the place is empty for the summer im getting a decent speed of around 5mb. Is there any way to get around this.

Im already regretting moving out if i cant play my games online..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Can you talk to someone in the college IT dept? I'd post this in Nets & Comms.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I know in DCU you can just contact the computer services guys to get them to open the ports you need.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You can do things like port forwarding but this is going to be slow and unusable for gaming. I used to use it to connect to steam and get updates back in the day.

Best bet, as pointed out already, is to contact your network admin with the list of ports you need open.

Advertisement