Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why sugar?

Options
  • 05-06-2011 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭

Just curious, since I see a lot of advice saying to get sugared up before getting a tat.

So why? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Because it keeps the body going and rather than letting your system 'crash' and focus on the pain. There's bound to be a better explanation than that, but thats my (basic) understanding of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

It's like going to the gym or running a marathon. You need fuel so that the body can get through the stress it's about to be put under or else you'll just crash and burn a lot quicker.

And if it's going to be a long session you need to nibble on something and drink a sports drink to keep your energy levels up. Also, don't have a huge meal minutes before the tattoo or half way during the tattoo because you'll just end up expending all your energy trying to digest that food instead of it helping you through the tattoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

I learned the hard way that i need 2 have the blood sugar tru the roof before getting tattoo'd.

Its not much fun pulling a whitey after a few minutes in the chair :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ArcadeFred

I nearly passed out about half way through mine, was raging with myself cos I wasn't in any pain at all and ended up feeling like a total wuss anyway!! It has something to do with the amount of energy/adrenaline rushing through your body at the *prospect* of the pain & getting the tattoo done...then once you settle into it, the levels just plummet and bam, you're gonna hit the floor if you don't get that glucose lolly in your gob!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

i ate once before my first tattoo ,
    and never for any of the rest , didnt bother me when i was gethin my back done , think that took about over 5 hours with out eating anything with sugar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭celtenal

I think that providing its not your first ever tattoo if you go in with the attitude "Yeah I know this'll hurt a bit but I also know I can take it" then you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

celtenal wrote: »
    I think that providing its not your first ever tattoo if you go in with the attitude "Yeah I know this'll hurt a bit but I also know I can take it" then you'll be fine.

I disagree, I pulled a whitey 5 minutes into the 4th session of getting a sleeve done, I knew exactly what was gonna happen and how it was gonna feel but for some reason my body reacted badly.

Bottle of lucozade sport & a mars bar later i was a new man, sat tru the next 4 hours without a peep. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭celtenal

Clohane wrote: »
    I disagree, I pulled a whitey 5 minutes into the 4th session of getting a sleeve done, I knew exactly what was gonna happen and how it was gonna feel but for some reason my body reacted badly.

Bottle of lucozade sport & a mars bar later i was a new man, sat tru the next 4 hours without a peep. :)
    I'm glad that worked for you,as to be honest 4 hours under the needle is the most I ever undertook in one sitting.Geting my back piece I only booked 4 hour sessions at a time. By the end of the four hours I would be feeling a bit raw and tender and I dont think I would have been able to last most longer.

Advertisement