Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgraded Exchange?

Options
  • 05-06-2011 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Veles wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm wondering if you have any idea when the Portarlington exchange will be upgraded to ADSL+2?

Hi Veles,

I checked with the broadband rollout team and the Portarlington exchange in Laois is ADSL+2 enabled.

The telephone line has to qualify for 10MB or above to be eligable for the 24MB broadband. If you PM your telephone number I can check it out in more detail for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭impega1

Any plans to upgrade bracknagh exchange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

impega1 wrote: »
    Any plans to upgrade bracknagh exchange

Hi impega1,

I checked with the broadband roll-out team and I am afraid there is no indication available as yet as to when the bracknagh exchange in Kildare will be broadband enabled.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Tonio

Any plans to upgrade Midleton Co Cork to ADSL+2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Tonio wrote: »
    Any plans to upgrade Midleton Co Cork to ADSL+2?

Hi Tonio
    I have been advised that this exchange is enabled for the ADSL 2 ( 24Mb broadband) and NGB. If you DM me your tel. no I can see what speed your line is likely to provide.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Hi, is the Bettystown exchange adsl2+ enabled? If not, is it going to be? Any timeline?

Thanks

Hi, is the Bettystown exchange adsl2+ enabled? If not, is it going to be? Any timeline?

Thanks

Hi Petetheroadie
    Not enabled for adsl2 at the moment, I am chasing upgrade date, hope to have this soon. The Bettystown exchange is enabled for NGB broadband. If you PM me your tel no. can test line for speed.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

The cobh co cork exchange?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

dave1982 wrote: »
    The cobh co cork exchange?:confused:
    Hi dave1982,

Cheers for query. Delighted to advise that the Cobh exhange is due to be upgraded by the end of June; dependent on availability or possible delays or planned works.

If you need more information, please log on to www.ngb.ie or call direct into Broadband Sales : 1800503303.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Hi, the Kilrickle exchange in Galway was to be completed by Dec of 2010, just wondering any update on this?

Thanks

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Advertisement

Hi, the Kilrickle exchange in Galway was to be completed by Dec of 2010, just wondering any update on this?

Thanks

Hi Keno-daytrader
    this exchange appears to ge upgraded, if you PM me your tel. no I can confirm.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

Hi is there any timeline when scarriff co. clare will be ngb enabled

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Any update on timeline for me Tony?

Hi Petetheroadie
    Not enabled for adsl2 at the moment, I am chasing upgrade date, hope to have this soon. The Bettystown exchange is enabled for NGB broadband. If you PM me your tel no. can test line for speed.
    Tony

Any update on timeline for me Tony?

Hi Petetheroadie
    yes had PM'd this to you yesterday

Hi Peterthe roadie
    afraid that no date has been set as yeet for ADSL +2 upgrade on this exchange. I can see that your line speed is currently capable of approx 10Mb which means that it can be upgraded to receive up to 24Mb, depending on distance and line quality.
    Tony

djskip316i wrote: »
    Hi is there any timeline when scarriff co. clare will be ngb enabled

Hi djskip316i,

Thanks for query and apologies for delay.

There is no definite information on an NGB upgrade int eh Scarriff area. Please check on our websites for continual updates : www.ngb.ie
    If you leave your contact email you will be notified when NGB is pending in your area.

All the best,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Hi Keno-daytrader
    this exchange appears to ge upgraded, if you PM me your tel. no I can confirm.
    Tony

Tony, are you positive the Kilreekil exchange is done in Galway, any number I put into the line checker from Kilreekil comes back saying to try emobile????

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

Tony, are you positive the Kilreekil exchange is done in Galway, any number I put into the line checker from Kilreekil comes back saying to try emobile????

On my system appears to be, yes. Can you PM your tel. no or any of the numbers you have tried and I will investigate further.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭lockup35

Hi. Are there any plans to upgrade the Innishannon exchange in Cork?

lockup35 wrote: »
    Hi. Are there any plans to upgrade the Innishannon exchange in Cork?

Hi lockup35,

I don't have any information at the moment on Innishannon. Please check www.ngb.ie for updates, or leave your email address and you will be contacted when the upgrade is due to commence.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭PenguinMan

Got a letter a number of weeks ago saying that we'd be upgraded to speeds of up to 24mb free of charge. No change in the speed yet, just wondering if you'd know when the lines are expected to be upgraded?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Breach of contract there penguinman. You can formally complain and ask for a pro rata discount every month until the upgrade is applied.

PenguinMan wrote: »
    Got a letter a number of weeks ago saying that we'd be upgraded to speeds of up to 24mb free of charge. No change in the speed yet, just wondering if you'd know when the lines are expected to be upgraded?

Hi PenguinMan
    yes these free upgrades to our broadband service are due to be complete by approx mid June, so no breach of contract exists in this case.
    If you PM me your tel. no I can advise on date of upgrade.
    Tony

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Breach of contract there penguinman. You can formally complain and ask for a pro rata discount every month until the upgrade is applied.
    Hi PenguinMan
    yes these free upgrades to our broadband service are due to be complete by approx mid June, so no breach of contract exists in this case.
    If you PM me your tel. no I can advise on date of upgrade.
    Tony
    Sorry if I was a bit vague Sponge Bob, but it's the free upgrade they're giving us so Eircom hasn't breached the contract in any way. I was just enquiring about when they're due to be upgraded, that's all :).

Thanks Tony, I'll send you that in a second :).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Hi

Is there any plan to provide 24 Meg broadband in Dundalk please?

Hi

Hi dxhound2005
    Can you pm me your tel no so that I can be sure providing information on correct exchange in this area.
    Tony

Any word on when my exchange is due to be upgraded Tony? :)

Hi

Hi dxhound2005,

Thanks for post.

If you need to check if and when your broadband connection is due to be upgraded - or general availability in your area - our product's and NGB websites may be helpful :

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/ - 'Find the best Product for you' - (Heavy or light usage)
    (Enter your phone number details - and you will be directed to the most appropriate broadband product)

Or

www.ngb.ie - Leave your email contact address, and you will be notified if /when your line is due to be upgraded.

Alternatively, please call residential Broadband Sales direct and they can advise on eircom's current packages available on your home phone number.

Broadband Sales : 1800503303 (freefone).

Kind regards,

Ant

PenguinMan wrote: »
    Any word on when my exchange is due to be upgraded Tony? :)

Hi PenguinMan
    I can see that exchange has been upgraded and line should be able to get approx 15Mb. If you have not reset your modem I would do so and if still no speed increase I suggest that you give Broadband sales a call on 1890260260 and have them escalate your move to up to 24Mb.
    If you have any problem with this let me know.
    Tony

Hi PenguinMan
    I can see that exchange has been upgraded and line should be able to get approx 15Mb. If you have not reset your modem I would do so and if still no speed increase I suggest that you give Broadband sales a call on 1890260260 and have them escalate your move to up to 24Mb.
    If you have any problem with this let me know.
    Tony
    Thanks for the reply. By resetting do you mean just plug it out and back in or pen in the back type thing? I'm using a third party modem, I'm assuming that's not a problem?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RapidPunch

Any info on the Duleek Exchange? According to the NGB.ie map, its listed as April-June.
    Its getting pretty close to July. I was wondering is it still on track for June or has it been delayed?

Advertisement