Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgraded Exchange?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

was wondering when the Duleek exchange would be upgraded aswell anyone from eircom care to give us an update on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Just wondering when you get a chance. Can you also check the upgrade date to adsl 2 for Dunmore exchange county Galway please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

PenguinMan wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. By resetting do you mean just plug it out and back in or pen in the back type thing? I'm using a third party modem, I'm assuming that's not a problem?

Hi Penguin, I meant just power off / back on, see if this registers the upgrade.
    Tony

RapidPunch wrote: »
    Any info on the Duleek Exchange? According to the NGB.ie map, its listed as April-June.
    Its getting pretty close to July. I was wondering is it still on track for June or has it been delayed?

Hi Rapidpunch and Jay93
    there may be slight delays but on track for June / July. If yuo PM me your tel. no. I can ensure I have correct exchange and advise you on dates.
    Tony

iPhone. wrote: »
    Just wondering when you get a chance. Can you also check the upgrade date to adsl 2 for Dunmore exchange county Galway please?

Hi iPhone
    If you PM me your line number can advise on this for you.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Hi Keno-daytrader
    this exchange appears to ge upgraded, if you PM me your tel. no I can confirm.
    Tony

I pméd you a few.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

I pméd you a few.

Hi keno-daytrader,

Thanks for PM, I will advise Tony you've sent this.

Regards,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RapidPunch

Hi Rapidpunch and Jay93
    there may be slight delays but on track for June / July. If yuo PM me your tel. no. I can ensure I have correct exchange and advise you on dates.
    Tony
    Sent you a PM with my telephone number yesterday. Got any dates on the Duleek exchange?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭PenguinMan

Hi Penguin, I meant just power off / back on, see if this registers the upgrade.
    Tony
    I tried this and I've noticed an increase :). Getting between 9 and 10mbps now. Do you reckon there is any reason why I'm only getting this if the line supports approximately 15mbps though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Hi iPhone
    If you PM me your line number can advise on this for you.
    Tony
    PM sent.

• Advertisement

PM sent.

Thanks iPhone
    have replied to your PM now.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

Got the new (Zyxel) router on Monday morning and hastily installed it to check the new speed, but it turned out to be only a minor increase on the performance of the old Netopia Cayman 3341.

The router Dashboard reports as follows:
    eircom broadband: Connected
    DSL Mode: ADSL2+
    Speed: 10239 kbps /670 kbps
    Line Attenuation (Down/Up): 46 dB /24 dB
    DSL Noise Margin: 6 dB /16 dB

Any plans to unleash the full 24Mb in Swords?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hoku wrote: »
    Got the new (Zyxel) router on Monday morning and hastily installed it to check the new speed, but it turned out to be only a minor increase on the performance of the old Netopia Cayman 3341.

The router Dashboard reports as follows:

Any plans to unleash the full 24Mb in Swords?

Thanks

Hi Hoku,

There is no indiication as yet as to when the Swords exchange will be ADSL 2 / 24MB enabled I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

I tried this and I've noticed an increase :). Getting between 9 and 10mbps now. Do you reckon there is any reason why I'm only getting this if the line supports approximately 15mbps though?
    Sorry for bumping, just wondering if you've any ideas on this?

Hi PenguinMan
    are you connecting via a third party modem?? Setting appear incorrect on this.
    Tony

Hi PenguinMan
    are you connecting via a third party modem?? Setting appear incorrect on this.
    Tony
    I am, yes. It's because when I originally got broadband we had a wired modem and have since upgraded to wireless. What setting(s) in particular could be causing this?

I am, yes. It's because when I originally got broadband we had a wired modem and have since upgraded to wireless. What setting(s) in particular could be causing this?

I can't really say PenguinMan as it is not an eircom modem.. I would suggest contacting their support team for advice. Can you connect the eircom modem to main phone socket and we can test speed for you?
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭B

Hi dave1982,

Cheers for query. Delighted to advise that the Cobh exhange is due to be upgraded by the end of June; dependent on availability or possible delays or planned works.

If you need more information, please log on to www.ngb.ie or call direct into Broadband Sales : 1800503303.

Kind regards,
    Ant

u sure this is by the end of june because when i ring 1800503503 they tel me now its between july and september thats a joke?
    just rang 1800503303 they said june?

on the ngb.ie says june

B wrote: »
    u sure this is by the end of june because when i ring 1800503503 they tel me now its between july and september thats a joke?

Hi B,

I am trying to insure I get a definitive time-frame from the NGB roll-out team and I will get back to you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭B

Hi B,

I am trying to insure I get a definitive time-frame from the NGB roll-out team and I will get back to you.

Thanks, Mark

any luck were going into last day of june?

• Advertisement

on the ngb.ie says june

Hi B
    We apologies for any delay here and this exchange will be enabled as fast as we can. As advised on post above and on my own post to you, delays are possible. We have not been advised of any delay to this exchange, however
    exchanges are enabled as part of a national roll-out and a delay in one exchange can have a knock-on effect to the timeframes of following exchanges.
    I have requested a more exact timeframe for you and will post as soon as I get this.
    Tony

any luck were going into last day of june?
    Hi B
    I have been advised that there is a delay wint the enablement of this exchange and the time has been set for July / Sept. I will have a closer date for enablement in July.
    Again apologies for delay but we will enable as fast as we can.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Any info on the Clones, County Monagahan Exchange?
    According to the NGB.ie map, its listed as July-September, is this still on track, any dates yet ?

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Any info on the Clones, County Monagahan Exchange?
    According to the NGB.ie map, its listed as July-September, is this still on track, any dates yet ?

Hi Delboy,

There are no definitive activation dates as yet for the Clones exchange but we will keep you posted.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭griffzinho

Hi, Any information on when the Clonakilty Exchange is going to be upgraded. It is stating on eircom NGB as meant to have been done by June just gone?

Thanks,
    Padraigh

griffzinho wrote: »
    Hi, Any information on when the Clonakilty Exchange is going to be upgraded. It is stating on eircom NGB as meant to have been done by June just gone?

Thanks,
    Padraigh

Hi Padraigh,

Apologies for the delay in the roll-out of NGB, however the NGB roll-out team have insured that they will let us know when any exchange is NGB ready and we will post here.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭griffzinho

Cheers Mark,

An approx timeframe would be appreciated especially as congestion around 9-12 every night takes it down to near narrowband speed. The end June timeframe given should be realisable, particularly as as OECD reports show we are badly behind in high speed broadband connections, mainly due to Eircom's deliberation and excuse making.

Regards
    Padraigh

Cheers Mark,

An approx timeframe would be appreciated especially as congestion around 9-12 every night takes it down to near narrowband speed. The end June timeframe given should be realisable, particularly as as OECD reports show we are badly behind in high speed broadband connections, mainly due to Eircom's deliberation and excuse making.

Regards
    Padraigh

Hi Padraigh,

The NGB roll-out team are reluctant to give a time-frame at the moment, we want to insure that when we give a date, it is a definate. In order to try and avoid any further frustration, which is understandable from customers at the moment.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Any update on Cobh?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Hi, Any information on when the Clonakilty Exchange is going to be upgraded.
    There are two exchanges in Clonakilty

CLONAKILTY CKY
    CLONAKILTY WEST CYW

Advertisement