Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgraded Exchange?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

dave1982 wrote: »
    Any update on Cobh?
    Hi dave1982
    We have this scheduled for the beginning of August.
    Tony

griffzinho wrote: »
    Hi, Any information on when the Clonakilty Exchange is going to be upgraded. It is stating on eircom NGB as meant to have been done by June just gone?

Thanks,
    Padraigh

Hi Padraigh
    Sponge Bob is correct, can you PM me your telephone number so that I can determine which exchange you are on. Can then update you immediately.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 HWB

When will the exchange in Redcross co Wicklow be upgraded? I presume there is a date set for all exchanges...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

HWB wrote: »
    I presume there is a date set for all exchanges...

Most exchanges are not to be upgraded. Around 200 are done, 100 more may be done and the rest can feck off as far as eircom are concerned.....all 900 of them.

They wont even finish a basic DSL enabling program they announced over 4 years ago, some 30 exchanges are yet to be done from that list.

HWB wrote: »
    When will the exchange in Redcross co Wicklow be upgraded? I presume there is a date set for all exchanges...

Hi HWB
    We do not have an upgrade date set for this exchange at the moment so not likely to be upgraded this year I'm afraid.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Most exchanges are not to be upgraded. Around 200 are done, 100 more may be done and the rest can feck off as far as eircom are concerned.....all 900 of them.

They wont even finish a basic DSL enabling program they announced over 4 years ago, some 30 exchanges are yet to be done from that list.

Hi SpongeBob
    The exact figures on this are
    ''937 exchanges/cabinets out of 1202 total exchanges/cabinets have been enabled to date.
    And 90% of lines across the country now support broadband''.

I would have to say that a key point here is that things within broadband service, delivery and demand have changed substantially since 2007 when the Take All Orders programme was launched. We now have a satellite offer that is much more robust in terms of connectivity; we offer 3G via Meteor and eMobile and that would be available in all key urban areas; we have extended parameters of DSL to offer a minimum service to those who previously had been excluded (ie some people previously excluded now qualify for DSL); we offered an improved DSL product through Next Generation Broadband to most exchanges that would have been covered by TAO.
    If a customer can’t avail of DSL, they almost certainly will be able to receive 3G in urban areas and alternatively satellite as another option. We have improved our offering and expect that the satellite offering will continue to improve with faster speeds. In effect, there is much greater chance that a customer can get a service now than when we ran TAO and that the quality of that service is much better. As you would obviously know, things have moved on a lot with internet connection since 2007, including our own service.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 18 el kabong

Eircom Tony,

Regarding the situation in Clonakilty, which I think you were planning to answer by PM, can you post the answer for both exchanges to the board?

I'm currently on the main Clonakilty exchange, but looking at moving house from my current rental, and the timeframe for rollout to both exchanges is an important factor. On the NGB page the main Clonakilty exchange is listed as scheduled by June (presumably 2011?, and late if that's the case). However, Clonakilty West doesn't have any date at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jonsandy

hi tony can u tell me when Ardfinnan in Tipperary will be changed over to ngb plz and thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

el kabong wrote: »
    Eircom Tony,

Regarding the situation in Clonakilty, which I think you were planning to answer by PM, can you post the answer for both exchanges to the board?

I'm currently on the main Clonakilty exchange, but looking at moving house from my current rental, and the timeframe for rollout to both exchanges is an important factor. On the NGB page the main Clonakilty exchange is listed as scheduled by June (presumably 2011?, and late if that's the case). However, Clonakilty West doesn't have any date at all.

Hi el kabong,

There are some delays with certain exchanges being changed over to NGB. After speeking to the NGB roll-out team we hope the Clonakilty exchange will be NGB ready in 4-6 weeks.

Thanks, Mark

jonsandy wrote: »
    hi tony can u tell me when Ardfinnan in Tipperary will be changed over to ngb plz and thanks

Hi jonshandy
    according to my information this has been enabled already. If you PM me your tel. number can chech your line and see why not enabled for NGB yet.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 el kabong

Hi el kabong,

There are some delays with certain exchanges being changed over to NGB. After speeking to the NGB roll-out team we hope the Clonakilty exchange will be NGB ready in 4-6 weeks.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks for the info Mark - and for Clonakilty West - is it likely to be upgraded to NGB at any point in the future? I'm living in the main Clonakilty exchange area at the moment, but am having to to move house shortly, so it would be good to know if the estates in the Clonakilty West exchange area have any chance of being upgraded in the next 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Hi SpongeBob
    ''937 exchanges/cabinets out of 1202 total exchanges/cabinets have been enabled to date.
    I would have to say that a key point here is that things within broadband service, delivery and demand have changed substantially since 2007 when the Take All Orders programme was launched. We now have a satellite offer that is much more robust in terms of connectivity; we offer 3G via Meteor and eMobile and that would be available in all key urban areas; we have extended parameters of DSL to offer a minimum service to those who previously had been excluded (ie some people previously excluded now qualify for DSL); we offered an improved DSL product through Next Generation Broadband to most exchanges that would have been covered by TAO.
    Tony
    So the Take All Orders programme does exist... What do you say Tony to this poor poster in Cork City? In that case, there was no 3G coverage, the exchange itself was apparently not enabled and I don't think you can go around installing 80cm satellite terminals on the balcony of some south-facing apartment;)

Take All Orders indeed...

Hi SpongeBob
    And 90% of lines across the country now support broadband''.

This thread is about NGN UPGRADES not basic ADSL deployment.

Only 200 of the 900 enabled exchanges have been upgraded. At most perhaps 300 will be NGN upgraded by the end of next year.

Of the remaining 900 exchanges 600 will have basic non NGN broadband services and 300 will have nothing except dialup.

Of that rump of 300 non enabled exchanges some 30 are on an abandoned upgrade program announced by eircom in 2007. You yourself have refused to give us enablement dates for these exchanges.

If you will not even keep your word from 2007 then why should we believe in any other cock and bull coming soon from eircom then ????

I would have to say that a key point here is that things within broadband service, delivery and demand have changed substantially since 2007 when the Take All Orders programme was launched.
    Why did you refuse an order under your own "take all orders" program for MR Beaver then ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

el kabong wrote: »
    Thanks for the info Mark - and for Clonakilty West - is it likely to be upgraded to NGB at any point in the future? I'm living in the main Clonakilty exchange area at the moment, but am having to to move house shortly, so it would be good to know if the estates in the Clonakilty West exchange area have any chance of being upgraded in the next 12 months.

Hi el kabong,
    Thanks again for posting. We don't have any indication on when the Clonakilty West exchane is likely to be upgraded as yet.

Any information like this should be updated on our network coverage map - on www.ngb.ie . If there are any delay due to planned works, the upgrade should go through at a later amended timeframe. In most cases we're managing our NGB roll out - and this has received well.

Will post any future updates on your exchange if we get more information.

Keep in contact.
    Cheers,
    Ant

Hi el kabong,
    Thanks again for posting. We don't have any indication on when the Clonakilty West exchane is likely to be upgraded as yet.
    Lucky I mentioned that other Clonakilty Exchange then, iinit :D Poor fella could have been stranded for years waiting for a decent service had he moved.

Why does the NGB.ie site not show any planned upgrades after November 2011.

a) Is that because the ADSL2+ upgrade program ends in November 2011 ?
    b) Will eircom then resume the 2007 ADSL1 (basic ) rollout program they abandoned in the past few years ??

I think it's simply a case of some difficulties they are encountering with their current timetable and they see no reason to talk of further upgrades until they have a clearer indication of when the currently-planned upgrades are complete. In other words, avoiding the dilemma of proverbially writing cheques that they later on can't cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭B

Hi dave1982
    We have this scheduled for the beginning of August.
    Tony

is this stil on schedule for the begining of august?

B wrote: »
    is this stil on schedule for the begining of august?

Hi B
    Yes I have been informed approx first week of August, :) if not :mad: let me know.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Hello, any news on when/if the Oughterard exchange will be NGB-enabled?

bhickey wrote: »
    Hello, any news on when/if the Oughterard exchange will be NGB-enabled?

Hi bhickey
    I am afraid there is no migration date set for this exchange at the moment, so unlikely to be this year.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭slartibardfast

Hi,

Any word on NGB or ADSL2+ for the Ardee exchange (ARD- 0416853xxx) in Co. Louth? It was listed as April-June on the ngb.ie site, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Cheers

Hi,

Any word on NGB or ADSL2+ for the Ardee exchange (ARD- 041685xxxx) in Co. Louth? It was listed as April-June on the ngb.ie site, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Cheers
    Just to clarify: 685xxxx numbers cover Dunleer and Togher too, and also the exchange near Reaghstown I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭B

Hi B
    Yes I have been informed approx first week of August, :) if not :mad: let me know.
    Tony

so this week cobh gets NGB nothing yet anyway.

Hi B
    will check again for exact date.
    Tony

Hi BB
    I have been advised work has commenced on this exchange so should be very soon:)
    TONY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Hi BB
    I have been advised work has commenced on this exchange so should be very soon:)
    TONY

Great news :D

Any updates on Cobh?

dave1982 wrote: »
    Any updates on Cobh?

Hi dave1982
    work being done on this exchange to facilitate NGB migration, am chasing for date and will post as soon as I get this. Upgrade should be soon.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 13 elliot_t

Hi,
    I've just been told by Eircom sales that as the NGB site says Apr-Jun for NGB to be enabled that this must mean 2012. Can you confirm if that's the case and that Athy won't be NGB enabled until next year?

Thanks,

E.

(copied this Q from another thread as this one is a bit more active so ignore my other Q)

• Advertisement

Hi dave1982
    work being done on this exchange to facilitate NGB migration, am chasing for date and will post as soon as I get this. Upgrade should be soon.
    Tony

Any update,watching youtube videos buffer is killing me:D

Advertisement