Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent haircut.

Options
  • 05-06-2011 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys....

As the heading suggests...I'm looking for somewhere to get a decent haircut,around the SouthSide,or town.

I used to go to the place on Pouladuff Rd,where there was 2 fantastic Polish(I think) girls working there,and they gave a fab cut. Exactly what you asked for. And all for €10.00.

Sadly,they seems to have moved on from there,and the guy that runs it just seems to have trainees there now,and the standard has gone well down. So much so,I'm not going back there.

So,,Any suggestions where to go? Or,,better again,,would anyone know where those 2 girls moved on to so I can get a decent cut again?

Thanks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Victor Frank's is the business - its down a side street parallel to Patrick St. (think its the one with Porter's at top or else Permanent TSB. Don't be put off by the girlish exterior, inside there is a men's section and while Victor retired a few years ago, his son (I think) does an excellent job. Expect to pay €12 for a normal cut or €10 if your a student.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

You looking for a decent haircut or a daycent haircut?

Musa's in the english market are very good. Pricey though at €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Dan Dare

Musa's in the english market are very good. Pricey though at €20.

Very good indeed, and often you will be given a cup of decent coffee as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Lemag wrote: »
    You looking for a decent haircut or a daycent haircut?

Yup,,your spot on...Has to be daycent... ;)

• Advertisement

tommy21 wrote: »
    Victor Frank's is the business - its down a side street parallel to Patrick St. (think its the one with Porter's at top or else Permanent TSB. Don't be put off by the girlish exterior, inside there is a men's section and while Victor retired a few years ago, his son (I think) does an excellent job. Expect to pay €12 for a normal cut or €10 if your a student.

Sounds fantastic....I'll defo have a lash off that on Wednesday..

Thanks Tommy.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 get thee to a nunnery!!!

There's one on McCurtain street across from the Turkish one (that's ****e btw and really expensive) which does haircuts for €8 Monday to Thursday. If you go there though, go to the man with the glasses, don't go to the woman who looks like a wrestler. They're all Polish and the women are bad but that guy I described is good. I can't remember the name but it's really glassy with green writing on the windows.

There's one on McCurtain street across from the Turkish one (that's ****e btw and really expensive) which does haircuts for €8 Monday to Thursday. If you go there though, go to the man with the glasses, don't go to the woman who looks like a wrestler. They're all Polish and the women are bad but that guy I described is good. I can't remember the name but it's really glassy with green writing on the windows.

I stopped going there - the staff talk over the heads of customers in Polish constantly and there just is not the banter you get (if you like that sort of thing) in other places. Just my two cents.

Yeah....I don't like that,to be honest...Hate when they talk over you,and you have no idea what they are saying.

I also wouldn't be too comfortable going into a place,and having to select who cuts your hair,and who doesn't. It just doesn't feel right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

SexyGuy wrote: »
    Yeah....I don't like that,to be honest...Hate when they talk over you,and you have no idea what they are saying.

I also wouldn't be too comfortable going into a place,and having to select who cuts your hair,and who doesn't. It just doesn't feel right.

I don't mind them talking over my head;they give good haircut and are cheap (€10)/ Maybe I am just less vain than you guys :D

• Advertisement

lukin wrote: »
    I don't mind them talking over my head;they give good haircut and are cheap (€10)/ Maybe I am just less vain than you guys :D

Ah its a bit unnerving - they could be saying "Jesus I just cut off a piece of his ear" and you wouldn't know :p

I am not vain, can't speak for the OP (though his name is a tell-tale sign).

tommy21 wrote: »
    Ah its a bit unnerving - they could be saying "Jesus I just cut off a piece of his ear" and you wouldn't know :p

I am not vain, can't speak for the OP (though his name is a tell-tale sign).

Me?? Vain?? Jaesus Nooooo....

And the name is only that,,a name...I'm far from Sexy..I just used it so nobody would figure out who I really am.:D

Working so far anyway...;)

I've used 'The Crop Shop' on Paul Street. €12 I think. I've found the owner (guy with tattoo on his forearm) to be good. I've got long-ish hair. By the look of some of their clientele they do 'daycent' haircuts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

Cutting Crew behind Dino's in Bishopstown. 12 euro does an excellant job:)

Got it cut today....

Went to the guy on Glasheen Road..Next to the newly demolished Maxol station. (The Wilton Barber).

Wasn't brave enough for My usual style,so went for just a good,gentle trim. Have to play it safe first time,,so left some hair,just in case.

Wasn't bad at €12.00,and even for a Thursday morning,(11.00am) he was tipping away nicely.

Nice place too. So,I'll be back in a few weeks,and I'll be a bit more brave with the cut next time.

Thanks for all the answers guys..

:cool:

Before and after pics or GTFO!

Before and after pics or GTFO!

Nah,,,I'm not that brave yet...

I'm a shy person..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭antlyn

The place in Tower is good too, think about €12 and theres normally some talent working there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 EricO

Its hard to beat Mick Mor !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 wildgeordie

try just gents in turners cross there good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 vector3

I've used 'The Crop Shop' on Paul Street. €12 I think. I've found the owner (guy with tattoo on his forearm) to be good. I've got long-ish hair. By the look of some of their clientele they do 'daycent' haircuts too.
    2nd for the Crop Shop on Paul St. The owner is good, as is the Welsh lad with a goatee & grey hair.
    There's a woman working there now, but tbh she's not upto much. Very nice and all, but the cut was below par. Student 10, otherwise 12.

Plenty English chit chat for the racist lot who don't like the Poles as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

SexyGuy wrote: »
    I just used it so nobody would figure out who I really am.:D

Barry?

JK - I have no idea who you are :D

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Spudzzmurphy

Buy yourself a hair trimmer,and save yourself a bunch of money:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Try Karizma on Oliver Plunkett St. ask for Hasan, Niko or Kriste.. they all give excellent cuts, I would let any one of them cut my hair.

Advertisement