Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk Train Station to Dundalk IT

Options
  • 05-06-2011 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Might be going to Dundalk for a CVE event on the 17th. Just wondering if someone can give me directions from the train station to Dundalk IT? I did look on Google Maps but it's too complicated, I need simple directions as in turn right, turn left here etc. Or would it be easier to get a taxi/bus or something? I've to be at DkIT at 1.30pm for registration etc. I'm sure if I get there I'll find the Vet Nursing lab. :)

Cheers. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

You could get a taxi but you could also walk (would take about 25-30 minutes).

Turn left out of the station past the Diageo brewery, past the Garda Station and you'll get to a small roundabout. Go right here and take the second left - it's a one way street (you'll be facing the opposite way as traffic) and will come out in front of a McDonalds. Turn right on the busy street (this is 'Dublin Road'). You literally keep walking straight on this road for about 15-20 minutes and the DKIT will be on the left.

Otherwise, you could get a taxi if you're running late. Or you could follow the above directions up until you get to McDonalds (about 5 minutes walk), and get a Bus Eireann bus from the bus stop there to the DKIT. I'm not sure how much it costs and I'm not sure how frequent the buses are either!

Edit: Here's a Google Maps link for reference!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Thank you so much! That seems straight forward enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Im not sure Bus Eireann service DKIT, but Halpenny's do. Same bus stop just outside McDonalds, heres a time table..

http://www.halpennytravel.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=66

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

might be more of a 40 - 50 min walk i'd say...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Dunny! wrote: »
    Im not sure Bus Eireann service DKIT, but Halpenny's do. Same bus stop just outside McDonalds, heres a time table..

http://www.halpennytravel.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=66

Yeh bus eireann bus does serice DKIT, Muirhevnamor bus goes up avenue Rd and then in around back of college and back out onto Dublin Rd.

Bus will cost you 2euro
    Taxi will cost 6 euro
    Walking would take 45-50mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

You would be better off taking the Matthews bus from Dublin, it goes from outside Paddy Powers and Lucky Duffys sweet shop on Parnell Street, it will drop you off across the road from DKIT and is only €12 return, check out their website
    www.matthews.ie

Advertisement