Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bio-diesel

• 05-06-2011 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

hi folks , iam thinking of getting a 4x4 for work on the farm , but to make it a bit cheaper on my self i was thinking of using bio-diesel (and maby for the tractor & car as well ) , my question is , is there any conversion i have to do & have any of you had any experience at this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

pat25c wrote: »
    hi folks , iam thinking of getting a 4x4 for work on the farm , but to make it a bit cheaper on my self i was thinking of using bio-diesel (and maby for the tractor & car as well ) , my question is , is there any conversion i have to do & have any of you had any experience at this
    All ag diesel from march is about 7% supposedly bio-fuel, think to go high you need a conversion on fuel pump iirc, bout €800. Needs to be stored at either 15 or 20 deegres or oil seperates iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Biodiesel is very aggressive on rubber parts that are not designed for it.
    Stuff that has been run on dinodiesel for years can very quickly break down used on biodiesel due to rubber lines failing seals going etc.
    You need to be very vigilant when changing.

Advertisement