Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laminated rifle stocks for long range rifles

Options
  • 05-06-2011 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Was recommended this site in Norway for laminated stocks if anyone is interested.:D
    seems like a nice design.
    Fits most factory rifles.Anschutz,Remington,Tikka,Sako etc.
    Think they are around 750 Euros.

http://www.grodasriflestocks.com/?cID=2598

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Hi all

Was recommended this site in Norway for laminated stocks if anyone is interested.:D
    seems like a nice design.
    Fits most factory rifles.Anschutz,Remington,Tikka,Sako etc.
    Think they are around 750 Euros.

http://www.grodasriflestocks.com/?cID=2598

http://www.gunstocksireland.com/

man in Ireland will the same if not better for the same money ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

They are some fantastic looking stocks. I like the monopod attachment/feature. Shame it cannot be used in comps. Would make things alot easier/steadier.

However as mentioned, and not knocking the other stocks, for €750 Enda Welsh will build a stock of your design in collaboration with him then glass and pillar bed it with multiple fittings to make sure the stock is everything you want before receiving the finished product.

Good link though. :cool:
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

Ezridax wrote: »
    They are some fantastic looking stocks. I like the monopod attachment/feature. Shame it cannot be used in comps. Would make things alot easier/steadier.

However as mentioned, and not knocking the other stocks, for €750 Enda Welsh will build a stock of your design in collaboration with him then glass and pillar bed it with multiple fittings to make sure the stock is everything you want before receiving the finished product.

Good link though. :cool:

Hi Ezri

yes no doubt they are a bit expensive:mad:But so is the rest of Norway:D
    Anyway they are working on a cheaper version now i believe,with or without the monopod attachment,and these stocks are drop in ready for your factory rifle.
    And no doubt Enda walsh have some fantastic stocks,i have seen a few,real quality work indeed.Same with Tackleberrys link.great stocks there too of high quality.
    And not to forget about Fergal white,my rifle is in his hands at the moment,and cant wait to get home and see the finish there.
    Just have to mention when i was up at Fergal,i was looking for a special muzzlebrake for my rifle,and he tried to import it from the US,but NO WAY:mad:
    But Fergal just said no worries ill make you one instead,they are not that hard to make,cant beat that for service;)

And not to forget about Fergal white,my rifle is in his hands at the moment,and cant wait to get home and see the finish there.

What ya getting done?
    But Fergal just said no worries ill make you one instead,they are not that hard to make,cant beat that for service;)

Nice to have it locally. Stuff from the states seems next to impossible or at least very hard to get.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

What ya getting done?

Just getting it threaded for brake moderator,magazine conversation(AICS mags)and duracoated.

Nice to have it locally. Stuff from the states seems next to impossible or at least very hard to get.

What ya getting done?

Just getting it threaded for brake moderator,magazine conversation(AICS mags)and duracoated.

It has come to that stage now where its gettin hard to import from the states.
    And offcourse i will always go locally if i can,to support the shooting commuity here.
    Luckily i have a brother working in US at the moment,and hes bringing alot back with him this time.:D

and heres a picture of the brake i am getting.
    Just testing it out and see how it works.
    Advantage of it it sends the gases and sounds downrange,so you dont scare your neighbour at the range.And it goes flush with the barrel,so it actually looks to be part of it.
    Doesnt take so much of the recoil,but tames the muzzleflip a good bit.
    See how it goes anyway.

• Advertisement

Luckily i have a brother working in US at the moment,and hes bringing alot back with him this time.:D

You know yourself. Tell him to be careful, and especially if any item might fall under the "componant part of a firearm" title. Could land him in serious trouble. Other than that its handy to have someone that could help you out.
    .......... and heres a picture of the brake i am getting.

Very nice. Would love to see how they drill the ports. Most muzzle breaks are ported on the sides and/or top. My Father has one on his .308. Its a real lifesaver in terms of recoil, but the quietest place is behind the rifle. :D

You know yourself. Tell him to be careful, and especially if any item might fall under the "componant part of a firearm" title. Could land him in serious trouble. Other than that its handy to have someone that could help you out.

Very nice. Would love to see how they drill the ports. Most muzzle breaks are ported on the sides and/or top. My Father has one on his .308. Its a real lifesaver in terms of recoil, but the quietest place is behind the rifle. :D

For sure Ezri.I am not taking any chances these days with the customs.
    Its just a riflestock a cople of mags and a scope,dont think that should be a problem i hope.
    I have brought riflestocks before and scopes before through customs and they didnt say anything about it then.
    I have a new Tikka 6,5x55 project going,so thats what its for.:D

Yes the brakes are ok for recoil,but i dont mind the recoil for a 308 so much,so thats why i decided to go for this brake instead.
    Its better for taming the muzzleflip,and like you said the best place is behind the rifle when it comes to a proper brake,without ending up with hearing problems after:D

Advertisement