Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want new job!!

• 05-06-2011 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi!
    I have a Bsc degree in General Nursing. I really don't want to stay in nursing.I would like to do something more in the line of working in a lab but am really unsure how I could get into this.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭RocketFalls

Scrappy112 wrote: »
    Hi!
    I have a Bsc degree in General Nursing. I really don't want to stay in nursing.I would like to do something more in the line of working in a lab but am really unsure how I could get into this.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!:)

Pharmaceuticals, I suppose. Maybe Medical Engineering, if you're into calibrating all sorts of machines.
    But I don't know what you can do lab-wise with a degree in Nursing. I'd look into doing another degree of some sort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Many medics in hospitals have their own research labs and I know some nurses who have worked to gain either a research msc or phd in these labs. Speak to some medics who are researchers and whose area you're interested in. They may take you on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I saw an add on the DCU website today looking for people with nursing backgrounds for some type of research / research officer role. Might be worth a look to see if its something your interested in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Scrappy112

Thanks!!will have a look:)

Advertisement