Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM Failure

Options
  • 05-06-2011 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

HI guys,

Wonder if anyone can help. Hubby went to the pass machine about 30 minutes ago. Bank of Ireland Northern Cross, he inserted our Ulster Bank card and was not able to withdraw 500 euro, text just said unable to do transaction after he put in all details. Cash was in account so that was not the issue. Anyway when he got home I checked online and the money was gone, had been withdrawn apparantly. This has happened to us before on at least 2 occasions and the Bank put the money back in but it is a Bank Holiday so unsure of what is likely to happen. Should I try ringing or just leave it till later and see. They will have a record won't they. This is all I need, can't afford to be losing 500euro:mad: BTW he got no receipt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes, the machines will balance themselves out and any irregularities spotted. Not a lot you can do now though. Go to your branch on Tuesday and they'll start the process of chasing it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭estreet girl

Thanks Buffbot, it is just so damn annoying grrrrrr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

have they sorted it? same thing happened to my brother, only he was being mugged and didnt take the money in time so machine swallowed it back up.
    they eventually sorted it

Advertisement