Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sam Smyth Today FM and Wikeleaks

• 05-06-2011 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

I usually switch around the various stations on Sunday for what i findmost interesting. When listening to Sam Smyth this morning he repeated several times what a fantastic scoop it was for the Daily Indo to publish these leaks. While some of his panel felt he was a bit over the top in his praise it I found his comments a bit strange as he works for this paper as far as i know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

dewdrop wrote: »
    I found his comments a bit strange as he works for this paper as far as i know.
    Which he freely disclosed

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

I agree he mentioned he worked for the Indo but i thought his repeated praise for the leaks did not reflect the average view of this which i think regarded the reports as in the main of a gossipy nature.

I agree he mentioned he worked for the Indo but i thought his repeated praise for the leaks did not reflect the average view of this which i think regarded the reports as in the main of a gossipy nature.
    well his guests made that point so where is the problem? And anyway I'm sure there are a range of opinions on the newsworthiness of the story.

Of course Sam himself was praised highly for his reporting when the Moriarity Report came out on Marian Finnucane's show of all places. I seem to recall Smyth being rather modest on his own show about his own work.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

Free publicity for the Indo ?

Free publicity for the Indo ?
    The biggest shareholder in the Indo owns Today fm also. But is currently suing Smyth and the Indo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement