Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sitting on the fence about Minecraft.

• 05-06-2011 5:44pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So im slowly but surely getting into Terraria , i understand there are similarities but both very different also.
    While im enjoying Terraria it got me thinking i might actually enjoy Minecraft.
    I always had a lingering interest in what the minecraft phenomenon was all about and Terraria has increased this interest tenfold.
    Im about to spend sometime watching some videos of minecraft on youtube and just wondered are there any i should watch in particular that explains the game well?
    There seems to be an infinite amount of such vids on youtube,im hoping some one can point me in the right direction :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Tallon did some good videos on this thread.

You should give them a look particularly the Lets Play ones.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks mate ill take a look for sure.

I got the PC gamer demo earlier but its constantly stuttering.
    Pretty ridiculous considering my pc spec.
    Im wondering if this particular demo is close to the current game build?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

current beta build is 1.6.6 cully should say which version you're running in the top left corner of the screen

Grim. wrote: »
    current beta build is 1.6.6 cully should say which version you're running in the top left corner of the screen

It just says Minecraft Demo (PC Gamer) , its a 90 minute time limit demo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Dcully wrote: »
    It just says Minecraft Demo (PC Gamer) , its a 90 minute time limit demo.

could be wrong but i think the demo came out around 1.4/1.5 i would guess its still that veriosn

• Advertisement

Grim. wrote: »
    could be wrong but i think the demo came out around 1.4/1.5 i would guess its still that veriosn

Cheers mate ,wonder why it stutters like crazy, its totally unplayable,no point buying the game if this is gonna happen :(

Might take a look at fortresscraft, only heard about it 10 mins ago :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

GF has gotten all the endgame armour in Tereererrerria, now she says there is nothing to do. She started about a week ago...
    We got Minecraft months ago and are still playing it a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shiroki

I highly recommend X's adventures in minecraft. Excellent series and fun to watch :D

Well i bought the game but its totally unplayable, constant stuttering,jerkiness,long pauses every few seconds :(

I can run the latest games at 100+ fps at max settings with AA and AF etc maxed out but cant run minecraft it seems :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tankran

You sir need to increase the ram allocated to java, i cant remember where i found it but check the MC forums for the fix its a simple .jar file that increases the memory allocated. Also set your render distance to medium etc.

• Advertisement

Im pretty sure its the game at fault, see this thread.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/358054-minecraft-lag-spike-of-death/

Exact same issue im having, as of yet no fix yet many people have the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭wires

i had massive stability issues untill i downloaded 64bit java. doesnt work for everybody but did for me and a friend of mine. if you have a 64bit os it most likely wont have 64bit java installed (unless youve already installed it of course) and thats what caused issues for me.

wires wrote: »
    i had massive stability issues untill i downloaded 64bit java. doesnt work for everybody but did for me and a friend of mine. if you have a 64bit os it most likely wont have 64bit java installed (unless youve already installed it of course) and thats what caused issues for me.

Yeah i tried this about an hour ago after seeing it suggested on mc forums and now here.
    It seems to have worked so far :)

After an hour of gameplay i think im addicted already lol, fingers crossed the i have the stuttering sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Dcully wrote: »
    Yeah i tried this about an hour ago after seeing it suggested on mc forums and now here.
    It seems to have worked so far :)

After an hour of gameplay i think im addicted already lol, fingers crossed the i have the stuttering sorted.

Welcome to minecraft!

The best way to enjoy this game is to play on multiplayer servers. There are a lot of them mentioned here on boards. Try them out, they're great fun!

Advertisement