If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon 1911 on the fritz!!

Options
  • 05-06-2011 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi John et al,

Don't know if this is a known issue with the denons, but my system keeps dropping all signals to the speakers and the TV intermittently, regardless of input.

Its not all the time, in fact it used to only happen a couple of times a month. Lately however it is happening a couple of times a week and each time the only cure is to turn off the denon at the mains and leave it for a couple of minutes, then power it back up.

I thought my Sky HD box was on the blink, but it also happens with the PS3?!

Any ideas on resolution or is it FUBARed???

Thanks in advance,

Ryanno.....:confused:

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ryanno wrote: »
    Hi John et al,

Don't know if this is a known issue with the denons, but my system keeps dropping all signals to the speakers and the TV intermittently, regardless of input.

Its not all the time, in fact it used to only happen a couple of times a month. Lately however it is happening a couple of times a week and each time the only cure is to turn off the denon at the mains and leave it for a couple of minutes, then power it back up.

I thought my Sky HD box was on the blink, but it also happens with the PS3?!

Any ideas on resolution or is it FUBARed???

Thanks in advance,

Ryanno.....:confused:

Ryannoo,

its actually a common fault - it happens every time the replacement is launched - the AVR1912 is just in!...but honestly, no not a common issue - but also not one that I can resolve via remote - it will have to go to denon Towers to get the tech bods to check it out - drop me an email & we will arrange??

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply!! Email on the way

!!!
    Ryannoo,

its actually a common fault - it happens every time the replacement is launched - the AVR1912 is just in!...but honestly, no not a common issue - but also not one that I can resolve via remote - it will have to go to denon Towers to get the tech bods to check it out - drop me an email & we will arrange??

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.