Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just looking for some advice guys ;)

Options
  • 05-06-2011 6:49pm

firstly I do hope every one is doing well regarding studies. Its a hard transition going back into an academic environment;)
    At the present moment, I’m wondering whether to finish my honours degree in business studies(one year to finish), but here's the thing I want to study film. I could transfer into a level 6 film course now.
    What would be the best move? I’m currently thirty years of age and wondering is it best to starts film studies and not wastes another year. You’s guys are probable the best individuals to ask.
    :pac: Thanks all suggestions are welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Id personally finish the final year of your business degree, at least it would be done and dusted and you would have at least somthing to back you up. You can always do the level 6 film course afterwards. Also you wouldn't be able to apply for any financial assistance as you would be going backwards in terms of progression (i.e going from a level 8 to a level 6) if you were to apply while studying for your film course. Id just think it would be an awful waste on 3 years already studied. You could always do a masters in film either (after the business degree), there might be a course that will allow you to enter with your requirements and you would be able to apply for grants as well.

Thanks Micheal, some great suggestions there;)

Advertisement