Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English comparative

• 05-06-2011 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Could you get away with doing 2 texts only ? Not great with my 3rd one.

Is it always a comparative question with 2 texts and another question on 3 every year ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dtmc

Lmao_Man wrote: »
    Could you get away with doing 2 texts only ? Not great with my 3rd one.

Is it always a comparative question with 2 texts and another question on 3 every year ?
    Not necessarily no, in 2009 the question A on the comparatives just asked to compared from the texts you have studied but the question didn't specify how many texts. The marking scheme says that your answer should refer to two or more texts but I don't think there's anything stopping them from asking you to compare three texts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Yes I believe you can. The problem with doing two texts however is that you need to go in to far more detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

You know two texts, you're sorted. Learn a few quotes from your third one which sound kinda right and stick em in where necessary. Eg: five lines on text A, "similarly"... Five lines on text B, "which is reminiscent of"... stick a quote in here from your third text which seems in any way relevant. New paragraph. Do this for all your points, and you're sorted :)

Advertisement