Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco DL SC

Options
  • 05-06-2011 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Anyone know what's replacing it? And will the staff be moving to Bloomfields?

Can't wait to get something other than Tesco in DL.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Aldi

staff will be offered RD or re-deployment to local stores as per practice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Aldi

staff will be offered RD or re-deployment to local stores as per practice

Somebody told me that Aldi think the store is too big and that the shopping centre wont let them take up just a part of the section. Heatons are suppose to be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I was chatting to someone in the center today who said that Tesco is to finish up this Sunday and that Marks & Spencers will be taking over the premisis. I don't honestly think that M&S will draw the same number of people to the building as Tesco. Limited supply and higher prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I was chatting to someone in the center today who said that Tesco is to finish up this Sunday and that Marks & Spencers will be taking over the premisis. I don't honestly think that M&S will draw the same number of people to the building as Tesco. Limited supply and higher prices.

Unless it is a full M&S and nut just food. That would transform the shopping centre.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

DLSC needs a major injection... just hope they don't screw it up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Aldi, Lidl, M&S, Heatons.... I wont believe anythign until the billboards say otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dub.

I`ve been told it`s Dunnes Stores. But aren`t they planning to expand their operation across the road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Dub. wrote: »
    I`ve been told it`s Dunnes Stores. But aren`t they planning to expand their operation across the road?

I'm surprised Dunnes haven't been more aggressive in opening a new food hall in DL. However, a decent sized Dunnes would need parking so the shopping centre would be ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Tesco DL SC all gone.

I expected a fire sale of stuff but looks like they will be transferring stock to other branches, just a few perishables were sold off cheap. :(

Advertisement