Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prices in Kilkenny City

Options
  • 05-06-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody else find KK a very expensive city in which to live. Drink, eating out and haircuts especially spring to mind. There are NEVER any offers or deals going. At least in dublin you can get cheap eats and pay a fiver for barber even! I know it's a great place to live but it's definitely not cheap.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mousehouse

Yes I totally agree. Kilkenny is a fantastic place to live but prices are a joke really. Alot of places probably dont feel the need to have special offers or promotions as people are still going into this shops,cafes,restaurants etc. I know alot of people will say that Dublin can afford to do the offers becuase of the amount of people that live or visit there. But surely here in Kilkenny if there were more offers and promotions locals may go out more and spend sme of there money. Theres a certain cafe at the moment with a special offer of a sandwich, coffee/Tea for 7.50 that isnt cheap if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Theres one place where a coffe is €2.65 a cup. Marble city at €2.10 good value, the book centre offers free refills for coffee and nice coffee too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Yeah as the top two posts said Kilkenny is a great place to live. Proud its my home city. Work takes me to the midlands and yeah its slightly cheaper up there for services and food etc. KK is a prosperous city with a healthy tourist trade which enables eateries to command that bit more than they can in other towns etc. I think 5.50 would be a fair price for a cup of tea and sambo. 7.50 does seem steep. As does 2.65 for a Coffee. Anyho, despite some minor drawbacks, Kilkenny is the best as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

holyhead wrote: »
    KK is a prosperous city with a healthy tourist trade which enables eateries to command that bit more than they can in other towns etc.

Well I think thats just plain and out greed because of the prosperity and tourism resturants will be doing better business so they should be able to meet their overheads with lower costs, isn't a lot our problems due to greed and people not questioning them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

If they can get it, then they should take it. If you're not happy with the price of luxuries don't buy them, simples.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

If they can get it, then they should take it. If you're not happy with the price of luxuries don't buy them, simples.
    I agree 100%. Do all my shopping in Carlow. Much cheaper and free parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

I thought business was down for the traders of Kilkenny:confused:.
    Re-introducing the two way traffic must have done the trick then;)

Now maybe they will take on extra staff and solve the unemployment problem.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

hi5 wrote: »
    I thought business was down for the traders of Kilkenny:confused:.
    Re-introducing the two way traffic must have done the trick then;)

Now maybe they will take on extra staff and solve the unemployment problem.

You have to get your can-openers somewhere.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

You have to get your can-openers somewhere.

Yeah, liberation to all worms :D

Advertisement