Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

found fuse removed at esb meter..

Options
  • 05-06-2011 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

..at our holiday home yesterday and left inside the meter box. Bill is paid up, never missed a payment in 4 yr. Found 2 other houses in complex also done. Cant contact esb until monday but anyone heard of this being done before? I just popped the fuse back in and back on but my fridge freezer was fully defrosted. I had multiple ultrasonic mice deternts plugged in which also weren't running and my alarm was off which annoyed me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

Its not esbn anyhow

some type of prank?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

M cebee wrote: »
    Its not esbn anyhow

some type of prank?

Dunno..can't see what is to be gained from it especially by leaving the fuses behind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

were these removed to help disable house alarm?
    when power is removed the panel battery kicks in
    then when this runs out the bell box sab unit kick is (for 20 mins)
    when all power systems have been exhausted the alarm wont function

has your alarm been ringing and annoying the neighbours
    or has someone tried to gain access

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

I have seen this being done to disable the alarm while people are on holidays. When the lights are off on the external bell the system is disabled.

No sign of forced entry on ours or the other houses

Havent gotten around to installing the external bell box but when i powered back up the alarm unit recorded the power failure about 8 days earlier

Other 2 houses aren't alarmed and there's never been any instances of break ins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Seems very strange. Has to be someone messing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If they didnt break in, must be just kids messing?

Was it correctly sealed before this happened?

Davy wrote: »
    If they didnt break in, must be just kids messing?

Was it correctly sealed before this happened?

Ya the 3 houses had them all sealed. Meter box was opened, fuse removed, placed neatly inside and door closed again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    No sign of forced entry on ours or the other houses

Havent gotten around to installing the external bell box but when i powered back up the alarm unit recorded the power failure about 8 days earlier

Other 2 houses aren't alarmed and there's never been any instances of break ins

Had it recorded alarm activations previous to that

meercat wrote: »
    Had it recorded alarm activations previous to that

Never checked. Just showed the one for the power being lost.
    Does it keep a log?
    Its an aritech

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Those ultrasonic mouse deterents dont work. Cant find the source on line but the exterminators were intending to take the product to court until they realised the money could be made domestically imprting them from china.

You want proof. Buy a pet mouse..... It does not bother him in the slightest.

Back to your issue, This is a popular way to break into houses. But i agree. Its prob just kids.

Why dont you have a modem fitted to your alarm and it will notify you when it happens again.

Those ultrasonic mouse deterents dont work. Cant find the source on line but the exterminators were intending to take the product to court until they realised the money could be made domestically imprting them from china.

You want proof. Buy a pet mouse..... It does not bother him in the slightest.

Back to your issue, This is a popular way to break into houses. But i agree. Its prob just kids.

Why dont you have a modem fitted to your alarm and it will notify you when it happens again.

I find these ones work. No mice since i put them in

Will look at the modem thing soon

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭sparks24

could be a local tree hugger looking to save the planet all by themselves?

the modem is the way to go alright especially since your away from the place most of the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

feck the modem, get a pet mouse.

Advertisement