Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipe ideas suitable for freezing

Options
  • 05-06-2011 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi and thanks in advance for any replies.

My mother is very sick and cant really get around so I was hoping to make a few dinners that she can freeze and just heat up as needed. I don't really have any idea what to make though!!

She eats pretty basic foods (doesn't like spice or creamy things).

Any ideas? only thing i can come up with is lasagna!! Don't have a blender but was thinking of getting one to make soups and stuff? Im not a great cook but will try anything if i have instructions. But can't afford loads of special ingredients :(:(

Just wondering can I make potatoes in advance or is that silly?

Sorry if I seem picky :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Why not freeze stews, Shepherd's pie, bolognaise and and coddle? I'd frozen all of these in the past. I don't know about freezing potatoes on their own but i've frozen them in other dishes,like stew. Soups are GREAT for the freezer. I always have a stock of them. You could do chicken noodle soup, vegetable, sweet potatoe etc. There's such a variety that would appeal to most people's tastes.

Advertisement