Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would it would cost to paint these stairs???

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

BryanF wrote: »
    id do it myself, thats a holiday paid for right there

It would be brand new so it would be bare wood. Deal and walnut. It would need a primer, under coat and prob another coat or too. I don't think i could handle a job like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bazmak

would definitly not be anymore than 500euro!!
    3 days labour, and then paint would be less than 100 euro:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

If you can get that stairs painted for 750 euro you should go for it. There is a nice bit of picking out and masking involved in doing them stairs. I would advise you ask to see a stairs they have painted before.

bazmak wrote: »
    would definitly not be anymore than 500euro!!
    3 days labour, and then paint would be less than 100 euro:)
    Can you tell me who you get your paint off if you can get the lacquer,primer and satin for less than 100 euros?:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Thanks for the replies. When you know so little about these thinks its hard to know when a price is reasonable or not. €750 just seems steep.

There is quite a lot of work in one of these stairs,hence the price!

I could never understand when i went to price these jobs, how people would pay 30 grand for a stairs but baulk at the 750-800 euros to put the finishing touch to the job.

On a stairs like this you have to sand,dust down and give two coats of lacquer to the handrail, 3 coats to the steps.

You then need to mask off around the base of all the ballisters on the steps and repeat the process on the handrail. then a coat of primer and 2 coats of satin or gloss.

then you would go back strip your masking and check your steps and handrail and make sure no paint has seeped on to the lacquered steps or handrail.then give them there final coat of lacquer.

You might save a few quid if you got your ballisters off your joiner before they were fitted and let your painter prime and give them one coat of satin/gloss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

You might save a few quid if you got your ballisters off your joiner before they were fitted and let your painter prime and give them one coat of satin/gloss.

€750 including materials is a good price, and because of all the picking out he will have a 4th day I reckon.
    Theres a hell of a lot if work involved.

Can you tell me who you get your paint off if you can get the lacquer,primer and satin for less than 100 euros?:)

how much paint do you think one flight of stairs is gonna take!?:rolleyes:

lacquer would be 40 or 50, psu 20;25,satinwood 25. =less than 100 euros. B&Q FINEST :)

• Advertisement

bazmak wrote: »
    how much paint do you think one flight of stairs is gonna take!?:rolleyes:

lacquer would be 40 or 50, psu 20;25,satinwood 25. =less than 100 euros. B&Q FINEST :)
    Sanding blocks and masking tape come free do they? And you wouldnt be coming near my stairs with any paint from B&Q!

Sanding blocks and masking tape come free do they? And you wouldnt be coming near my stairs with any paint from B&Q!

whats wrong with paint from b&q?

and again how much sanding blocks/tape do you need !!

500euro give or take 20euro:D would get those stairs finished perfectly!!

Advertisement