Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish (ol)

• 05-06-2011 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey guys , I've decided to move down from honours irish recently and wanted to know if anyone could kind give me the structure of the ol exam in a few simple words. Also any tips for the exam ? should i give everything simple and not use the honours stuff like uaim and caint mheafrach and things like that ? Many thanks .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Paper one (37%)
    Essay and letter: marks go for correct Irish more than what you write. So I would keep it simple.
    Comprehensions: just lift the answers from the texts.

Paper two (18%)
    This paper is about the information more than the Irish used.

For your pros know:
    1/2 page summary of the story
    Main characters (only about 7/8 lines)
    Major theme. 1/2 page

For your poetry:
    Know translations of each poems and be able to identify assonance and all that stuff but you only need like 1or 2 sentences on them.
    Know 2 points why you like each poem (I usually just use stuff which I learnt and has not been asked in the question or an image or two)
    Be able to write 1/2 page on the mothchain or theme of each poem

Advertisement