Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Web Texts

Options
  • 05-06-2011 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before but couldnt see it off hand in the search (i am extremely hungover aswell which may be the reason!!) but i was just wondering does any one know of an app for Blackberry for using up your web texts from your phone.
    I know the iPhone has eirtext which works perfect on my iTouch but looking for the same thing for my blackberry curve

Thanks
    CK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

or via your browser:
    http://www.o2text.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

thanks cookie...i tried the cabbage and it gave me apn error and when i set it then i couldnt check my credit (*174#) - it just threw a java error but i could send the text.
    then i couldnt call someone so i just went back as i dont want to make a b*lls of the config either....i dont really know what the apn does but it didnt like it :)

thanks cookie...i tried the cabbage and it gave me apn error and when i set it then i couldnt check my credit (*174#) - it just threw a java error but i could send the text.
    then i couldnt call someone so i just went back as i dont want to make a b*lls of the config either....i dont really know what the apn does but it didnt like it :)

The apn is the access point name. What network are you on and what plan have you with that network. Also undet settings, advanced settings tcp/ip what apn have you in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

i am on pay as you go from vodafone

In the TCP settings, there was nothing in there when i installed cabbage but after some googling i found settings so set the APN to be live.vodafone.ie and this let me send the text but I got a system failure error when trying to check my balance or make a call so i didn't want to go messing too much...

• Advertisement

i am on pay as you go from vodafone

In the TCP settings, there was nothing in there when i installed cabbage but after some googling i found settings so set the APN to be live.vodafone.ie and this let me send the text but I got a system failure error when trying to check my balance or make a call so i didn't want to go messing too much...

A vodafone rep can confirm but I'm not 100% sure if you can use that apn without incurring charges. Try set it to:
    blackberry.net
    See if the app will work.
    This apn will not incur extra charges for sure.

Advertisement