Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to apply?

Options
  • 05-06-2011 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I got a letter about a month or two ago saying I'd get a place offer in early July. Now I see this as an informal offer and I'll need to wait until I get the actual final offer to show as proof of a place on a course.

I'm finishing up my VTOS payments in the next few weeks and will sign on then. At what point should I apply for the BTEA and Maintenance grant (for the ssc)?

I don't want to leave it to late or even slightly to be honest. I see it best to be as cautious as I can but I assume they won't take applications until I have a solid offer.

At what point did every body else apply?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

you can apply anytime for btea, but they dont actually start paying it until you actually start your course, you'll need to send them a stamped statement from your new place of education, saying you are there (at least it was this way for me, mature student, first year UL just gone)

So apply, and you'll be accepted in principal...

also you wont get both btea & grant, only one or the other

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭CylonYoda

iPwnage wrote: »
    also you wont get both btea & grant, only one or the other

I get that part, but I can still apply for the cover of the student service charge, right? If correct then when would i go about applying for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

ah I see,

ya the form for fee's payment is the same form for maintenance grant, last year when i applied for it, deadline was august 31

i assume it'll be the same this year. But your early yet ! they only forms available online are still for the academic year just gone 10/11 !!

I applied last august and am still awaiting my fees back, its crazy
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056289884

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

iPwnage wrote: »
    ah I see,

ya the form for fee's payment is the same form for maintenance grant, last year when i applied for it, deadline was august 31

i assume it'll be the same this year. But your early yet ! they only forms available online are still for the academic year just gone 10/11 !!

I applied last august and am still awaiting my fees back, its crazy
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056289884

:eek::eek::eek:FUP THAT:eek::eek::eek: still awaiting your FEES back, and i am assuming fees is the only part you applied for on that grant form? that is beyond fuppin rediculous that you only want your fees paying and they STILL haven't sorted it out. a good swift steel toecap up the jaxside is needed me thinks. shower of sh!te still pissin on at this stage. college is over for the year for frickers sake

Advertisement