Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celebrities and their pets

• 05-06-2011 11:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭

It seems that Jonathan Ross is in a bit of a pickle, along with an entire production crew. If he hadn't been so devoted to a dog, he could have swapped the dead one for a body-double and carried on with the trip.

Are celebrities more fond of animals because they're the only ones that they can trust?

Jonathan Ross cancels TV show after dog death

Jonathan Ross has cancelled a show about the Trans-­Siberian Railway after his dog Mr Pickle died while filming it.

The TV presenter, who joined ITV last year, flew to Moscow three months ago to start recording the series, which was meant to feature the pair as they travelled the 5,600 miles from Russia to China.

However, the Sunday MIrror reports that the dog died while on the train, although it is unclear what caused the death. The project is said to have been a dream of Ross's and was being produced by his Hot Sauce company.

"One of the things Jonathan was really looking forward to after he left the BBC was getting to do a few more off-the-wall productions," a friend said. "Top of his list was this trip with Mr Pickle. He was incredibly devoted to Mr Pickle.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/news/a323212/jonathan-ross-cancels-tv-show-after-dog-death.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I really like Jonathon Ross.
    Having read his book and watched his show and all, I sensed that he is a keen animal lover.
    He regularly mentioned Mr Pickle! I'd say he was just too sad to continue with the show without his dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭smugchik

What else could he do? Of course he cancelled the show. People don't realise that if brought up correctly, a dog really is a best friend and can be loved like a child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I heard Georgia Salpa has two puppies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lovethefun

for celebrities their pets are like their companions :P

Advertisement