Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

special needs ipad stolen

• 05-06-2011 11:19pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We were broken into last night and along with our wheelchair adapted car my son's ipad used as a communication device was also taken it has a lot of apps like icommunicate,and tap to talk, so if you are offered it please let me know.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭beardo81

Sorry to hear, that's a bloody disgrace, really makes me angry :mad:
    Keep an eye on donedeal, adverts and eBay, maybe these idioits will be stupid enough to put it for sale there.
    Hope you get it back, any more info on it you can give people to watch out for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

had you set up find my iPhone iPad on the device? should be easy to track with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

unfortunatly it is likely they will simple restore the iPad before selling. With the next one please make sure you set up the find my iphone feature as Creamy Goodness has suggested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Also keep and eye on Buy and Sell, if you have the serial number should in on the box, when you see 1 for sale ask them for serial number, say you want to check warranty status.

Hope you get it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Stolen gadgets tend to end up in buyandsell and not adverts.ie. Tis the nature of the criminal...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Contents of the car should be covered on your car insurance so while annoying at least you can claim for it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

They robbed it from the house along with the keys and other stuff, and along with the carer's allowance been cut so was the house insurance.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TouchAutism

So sorry to hear about the robbery. I wish we could help with getting your things back.

We would love to send you free copies of all of our touchautism apps if you are interested once you get your iPad replaced. Send us an email at j@touchautism.com or private message us and I will send you the codes.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

So sorry to hear about the robbery. I wish we could help with getting your things back.

We would love to send you free copies of all of our touchautism apps if you are interested once you get your iPad replaced. Send us an email at j@touchautism.com or private message us and I will send you the codes.

Thank you very much we should be getting one soon as they seem to be out of stock at the moment. I just posted this in region Co, Dublin.

I have to say a big thanks to David Butler who did a 20k run and with the sponsorship of all the neighbours in Ringfort close Balrothery raised the money to replace Kyles ipad that he is learning to uses as a communication device.
    The good will of people by far out ways the badness in a few.
    DSC00758-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

That is excellent that your friend helped raise money for a new iPad. I really hope karma gets the better of those horrible scum who robbed your house. Hope you get the new one soon and Kyle isnt to upset not having as much communication sincw this happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

fergal.b wrote: »
    We were broken into last night and along with our wheelchair adapted car my son's ipad used as a communication device was also taken it has a lot of apps like icommunicate,and tap to talk, so if you are offered it please let me know.
    Thanks

can it not be tracked via the ipad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Have to say it's a really nice positive story from such a disappointing start. I hope you and your family are feeling much better now ;)

the bolt wrote: »

We got the car back it was found in swords, not the best of shape but at least it's back.
    The ipad was just the basic one without 3G so not sure if it can be tracked.
    Thanks for the thought. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

the bolt wrote: »

Ipads has assisted GPS on the 3G models which is not really good in itself. OP had the wifi only one so it cant be tracked.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The WiFi iPad can be tracked using WiFi access points. It's not very reliable, but it does work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

The WiFi iPad can be tracked using WiFi access points. It's not very reliable, but it does work.

Really? Though mobileme? How to you find location based on wifi, say it was in someone's house?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Doylers wrote: »
    Really? Though mobileme? How to you find location based on wifi, say it was in someone's house?
    Apple have a database of WiFi access points and their location. GPS-enabled iPhones anonymously collect this info and send it to Apple, so it's being constantly updated. Once you have an internet connection and are within range of a WiFi access point that has been logged, the iPad can approximate your location. This is how A-GPS devices like the iPhone and 3G iPad are able to get your location so quick without having to wait several minutes on a satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

We got the car back it was found in swords, not the best of shape but at least it's back.
    The ipad was just the basic one without 3G so not sure if it can be tracked.
    Thanks for the thought. :)

glad to hear ,some scumbags about though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

hi just read your message and wandered if you ever had any luck getting your stuff back?

No luck getting the stuff back :( but thanks to the work of the Garda they got the guys from fingerprints in the car :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

No luck getting the stuff back :( but thanks to the work of the Garda they got the guys from fingerprints in the car :D

A silver lining at least. Brilliant news.

Advertisement