Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

20% Off E3 Pre Orders @ Bee.com

• 05-06-2011 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

588x200-B-Promo-Wk22-E3_1.jpg
    Bee.com

Use code 'PREORDER20' to get some decent offers in here for pre-orders:

Battlefield 3 PC - €26
    Battlefield 3 Xbox & PS3 (Also same for Assassin's Creed) - €35
    Modern Warfare 3 Xbox & PS3 - €40
    Batman Arhkam City Xbox & PS3 - €33
    F1 2011 Xbox & PS3 - €35
    Gears Of War 3 - €35
    Mass Effect 3 Xbox & PS3 - €35

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Has anyone bought off them before..how reliable are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bought off them 3 times (Lost boxset, Fast Show boxset, Speed Racer Blu-ray)..

.. and found them great!

Well packaged boxsets which is always a plus.. something Play.com can't manage most of the time.

Their stock situation can be volatile however.. bargains can appear and disappear within a matter of minutes.

I recommend them though!

How longs their site been up..Did you get your pre orders on the day of release?

Plus do you think if i went into gamestop and asked to switch a pre order from one game to another they would allow it?

Fol20 wrote: »
    How longs their site been up.
    Their site hasn't been up long.. maybe 6 - 8 months tops.

Got the complete DVD boxset off 'Lost' off them last December for €35.. but they weren't around for too long before that.
    Did you get your pre orders on the day of release?
    Never pre-ordered from them.. but you rarely get games on day of release from sites shipping from the UK.

My advice for any gamers remains the same - "if you want games on day of release, go with Gamesnash / Gamestop. If you want games cheaper a few days after release, go with online retailers."
    Plus do you think if i went into gamestop and asked to switch a pre order from one game to another they would allow it?
    No clue..

Im all about price at the end of the day,but one time i bought off a site and it took over a month for it to come..If its only a week thats perfect.

I hope they will be up and running in half a years time,

• Advertisement

Well, the 3 items were ordered were all arrived within 3 - 5 working days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I just tried to purchase a game with them and my credit card is getting refused, then suggesting that I use a different card. Using Mastercard.
    Anyone else having that problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

My gripe with Bee.com is they will accept an order for, say three DVDs and only tell you later if any are not in stock, usually after the balance has dispatched.
    They'll always refund but it doesn't give you the opportunity to place the entire order elsewhere.
    It happened to me when they started up initially, I ordered three DVDs, one of which was at a very good price and which was listed as in stock. I was told the next day it was out of stock, only for it to appear an hour later at a much higher price, in the meantime the other two had dispatched.
    I could have bought the other two DVDs elsewhere at a lower price and it was only the price of the first one that made it cheaper to buy from Bee.com. I reckon I should have been given the option to cancel the order when they couldn't fulfill it in it's entirety. Smacks of sharp practice.
    No complaints about packaging or delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

I just tried to purchase a game with them and my credit card is getting refused, then suggesting that I use a different card. Using Mastercard.
    Anyone else having that problem?

I've never been able to place a visa order with these jokers.
    Mailed them and got no reply.
    I'd avoid tbh.

I've used Visa with them each and every time and had no hassle patch..

.. seems to be certain Visa cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Basq wrote: »

Yeah. Cant get my hands on a visa card and it's just plain refusing my credit card. Rang the bank to see if it was them who was stopping the payment but they said that they haven't gotten any requests from bee.com for payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Basq wrote: »

Cheers, yeah it's probably some kind of glitch. The last thread had a few more people with similar issues.
    I'd be fine that, you win some you lose some, but not replying to emails is both irritating and unprofessional.
    I buy a LOT of stuff online from all of the major retailers. -This is the first company my card has ever had any issue with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

Has anyone bought off them before..how reliable are they?
    Terrible.
    I ordered a 3DS game off them using a coupon.
    It stayed on "waiting for stock" or whatever for 2 weeks, so I contacted them.
    They said there's no stock and I could cancel if I want.
    I said, sure I'll wait.
    A week later, I check and it's in the same position, but mysteriously they're selling the game on the site to everyone else.
    I bought it up with them, and got no reply for a further 3 weeks.
    In the very same ticket I created questioning why they're still shipping them to other people and not me, I said I want to cancel the order, and guess what takes them under a single day to do?
    Cancel the order.

SCAM ARTISTS.

Ok considering id have to wait half a year before i even know if i get it,im gonna hold off and wait for new bargains down the road...

I already prebooked gow3 when i traded crisis(3e deal) against it.
    And i just got dirt 3 which ill prob do the same in a week or 2 against bf or cod

Advertisement