Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB upgrade?

Options
  • 06-06-2011 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi.

I'm on the 7mb (standard broadband + anytime calls) and Living in Barna village, Galway.

According to ngb.ie we're due to be upgraded (Apr-Jun)
    but it says

"your current broadband product is not one of those which is due to be migrated to NGB."

1 - Does this mean we will have to manually request an upgrade?

2 - Will our exchange be enabled for the 24Mb ngb product?

3 - Have you any idea of what date the upgrade will occur?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi.

I'm on the 7mb (standard broadband + anytime calls) and Living in Barna village, Galway.

According to ngb.ie we're due to be upgraded (Apr-Jun)
    but it says

"your current broadband product is not one of those which is due to be migrated to NGB."

1 - Does this mean we will have to manually request an upgrade?

2 - Will our exchange be enabled for the 24Mb ngb product?

3 - Have you any idea of what date the upgrade will occur?

Thanks.

Hi yomamasflavour

Yes that is the dates I see also. This should be upgraded automaticlally and if you PM me your tel. no I may be able to get a closer upgrade date for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

Ok, cheers for the info.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Is Barna NGB enabled yet?? It was scheduled for May-Aug 2011.

What is the story with Moycullen, Spiddal and Casla ??

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

Unfortunately no.
    Still stuck with 7Mb.

Damn, Barna was supposed to be done months ago. Any story as to why not if you were on the right package????

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Damn, Barna was supposed to be done months ago. Any story as to why not if you were on the right package????

Hi Sponge Bob
    yes I am afraid that due to some engineering issue with earlier exchange the NGN roll out has seen delays on some exchange, we are still pushing to have these migrated by end of year. We are attempting to get the appropriate amendments made to online site information ( ie, NGB map):o
    Tony

We are attempting to get the appropriate amendments made to online site information ( ie, NGB map):o
    Tony

The NGB map shows a tranche going live Sept Nov and nothing beyond that either, I can handle rescheduling but not disappearing rollouts.

I hope these are not abandoned like the earlier DSL rollout was :(

You know the one announced 4 and a Half years ago and not yet completed.

The NGB map shows a tranche going live Sept Nov and nothing beyond that either, I can handle rescheduling but not disappearing rollouts.

I hope these are not abandoned like the earlier DSL rollout was :(

You know the one announced 4 and a Half years ago and not yet completed.

No Sponge Bob
    eircom are commited to the NGB rollout and hope to have those areas shown on the NGB map completed by year end, as original roll out stated. Regarding the DSL rollout, I have already responded to this point in my previous posts to you.
    Tony

How many NGB exchanges are live today Tony??

TIA

How many NGB exchanges are live today Tony??

TIA

Approx 200 launched at moment Sponge Bob, although I don't have exact figures.
    Tony

• Advertisement

"More than 240" are solemnly promised for the end of the 2011 which is the vast bulk of what the NGB map shows as still in the pipeline.

Thanks Tony.

"More than 240" are solemnly promised for the end of the 2011 which is the vast bulk of what the NGB map shows as still in the pipeline.

Thanks Tony.

Yes those figures would be correct Sponge Bob, with approx 200 upgraded this leaves approx 40 to go, afraid that the map is not truly reflective of situation and there are some delays but hope to be on track to fulfil this. We have brought the map issue to the attention of product support for updating.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bleonard1976

Hi

According to my Eircom bill I am paying for the NGB Regular package which has a download speed of up to 8MB. According to my router my speed is 2MB. I have checked on www.ngb.ie as to whether or not my phone line has been upgraded to NGB yet and says it has.

If that is the case then why is my download speed still 2MB which is what I had before I was upgraded. Will it ever get anywhere near 8MB donwload speed? Seriously considering cancelling my whole phone line over this as I hardly ever use my phone line to make calls and if I'm not getting anywhere near the download speed that I'm paying for then what's the point.

Anyone update or advice would be appreciated.

Hi

According to my Eircom bill I am paying for the NGB Regular package which has a download speed of up to 8MB. According to my router my speed is 2MB. I have checked on www.ngb.ie as to whether or not my phone line has been upgraded to NGB yet and says it has.

If that is the case then why is my download speed still 2MB which is what I had before I was upgraded. Will it ever get anywhere near 8MB donwload speed? Seriously considering cancelling my whole phone line over this as I hardly ever use my phone line to make calls and if I'm not getting anywhere near the download speed that I'm paying for then what's the point.

Anyone update or advice would be appreciated.

Hi bleonard1976
    It is possible that the migration to NGN broadband was unable to deliver higher speed. The speed possible to a premises depends on distance from exchange and / or line quality.
    If you PM me your tel. number I can run some tests on your line and may be able to help with this for you.
    Tony

Advertisement