Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

payment protection claim stopped

Options
  • 06-06-2011 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi Lads,

A few words of history: in Jan 2011 i got laid off. Luckily had my PPI. The insurer paid my 4 or 5 monthly installments.Recently i received a letter from the Insurer saying "... we have to validate your claim...we put your claim on hold by the time of complition of the validation..." My question is - do they have a right to stop protecting my payments ? what if validation procedure will last for lets say 2 months? who covers the payments? What if I dont have money to cover the payments? Im not sure if that is fair to stop it - they may validate for whatever amount of time but for Gods sake - let my protection work !

They also say they send an agent to my house to find out how i progress in finding a new job etc. In May I found legal casual work - only 1 day/week. Earnings net 72euro. Over last 4 weeks I was only once at work. I made declaration to the Insurer that I found the job on casual basis. What do you think Lads - will they stop my claim because of my irregular income?

Did you encounter similar situation please share your thoughts - much appreciated any answer .

:rolleyes:

Advertisement