Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop Deal: 3Games for New Release from €3.00

Options
  • 06-06-2011 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭

http://www.gamestop.ie/500titlestradeiN

Had a look at this and I'm just wondering.

Does the 3 games have to be of the same platform? (eg: 3 Xbox 360 Games or 3 PS3 Games)

This is also the strangest deal I've ever seen Gamestop do.

Some of the games on the list are fair old aswell (Oblivion, Call of Duty 2, Mario Kart DS) and they're offering a selected new release for at least €3.

I can't help but feel there is some sort of catch but can't find it.

Has anyone partaken in this deal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

gamercfc wrote: »
    http://www.gamestop.ie/500titlestradeiN

Had a look at this and I'm just wondering.

Does the 3 games have to be of the same platform? (eg: 3 Xbox 360 Games or 3 PS3 Games)

This is also the strangest deal I've ever seen Gamestop do.

Some of the games on the list are fair old aswell (Oblivion, Call of Duty 2, Mario Kart DS) and they're offering a selected new release for at least €3.

I can't help but feel there is some sort of catch but can't find it.

Has anyone partaken in this deal?

Got L.A Noire on it a few weeks back, mind you all the ****ty games I traded have mysteriously vanished from that new list :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

nothing wrong with it at all, a lot of people did this for LA noire recently, me included.it is getting a little tighter this time round but there is still some games there that are not worth a whole pile.

and yes, you can cross pratform trade.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When does the offer end?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

7th of July.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

What are the "selected" new releases? And are they really as low as €3? Does it depend on the value of the trade-ins?

• Advertisement

What are the "selected" new releases? And are they really as low as €3? Does it depend on the value of the trade-ins?

Nope, doesn't depend on the value of the trade-ins, I don't think. It's any of the three from those titles posted in the link by the OP. I've availed of this offer twice - once for Portal 2 and then for Dragon Age 2. Both times were just for €3 when I traded in 3 games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Traded in 6 games to get Portal and LA Noire, infamous is on the list so might get gid of my retail and download it from the welcome back package. Red faction, Infamous and duke nukem are potential games that can be picked up too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i remember not too long ago you could trade in any 2 games and get a brand new game for €2

dont see why everyones wetting themselves over this deal - its another way of fleecing the customer by the ever horrible gamestop

i wish theyd just go bust

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spookymuffin

Helix wrote: »
    i remember not too long ago you could trade in any 2 games and get a brand new game for €2

The difference between that deal and this one is that the games traded in for the €2 deal had to have a relatively high resale value. There are a lot of games on the €3 deal list that would never have been accepted for the €2 deal.

If you trade in the right games it really is much better value than the other deal (or any that GameStop have had in a long time).

With the economy the way it is I don't see why anyone should be calling for other people's jobs. The poor slobs who work in the stores don't make the deals you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

The difference between that deal and this one is that the games traded in for the €2 deal had to have a relatively high resale value. There are a lot of games on the €3 deal list that would never have been accepted for the €2 deal.

If you trade in the right games it really is much better value than the other deal (or any that GameStop have had in a long time).

back when i was still in the country they used to take any old rubbish as part of those deals. only thing they ever refused from me was that online only final fantasy jobbie
    With the economy the way it is I don't see why anyone should be calling for other people's jobs. The poor slobs who work in the stores don't make the deals you know.

if them losing their jobs is what it takes to get rid of that scourge on the gaming industry then so be it. in an ideal scenario theyd all find jobs almost immediately afterwards :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Damn, LBP is gone from that list. It was there about 2 weeks ago as I was going to trade it in for LA Noire.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

nice one, ive about 9 titles on that list, all of them id have no problem parting ways with at this stage MW2 for example or Red Dead Redemption!

now to find some new releases to actual trade them against!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I see they've cut alot of games off the list, it's now a good bit harder to find 3 older games that make it worth your while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's still a good deal. There are a lot of games on that that only cost 7.99-9.99 pre-owned other places, so it does mean if you intended buying a game anyway upon release, just hit Game/HMV and it's yours for about 30-35 quid at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm gona trade in Tekken 6, Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart Wii (and Oblivion if one of the 3 arent there anymore).

Does it matter wether or not it's the same platform?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

rickyjb wrote: »
    I see they've cut alot of games off the list, it's now a good bit harder to find 3 older games that make it worth your while.
    True, any games on the list that I own will not be parted with. Its not all bad though, there are a few games there that I wouldn't mind picking up 2nd hand for cheap so swings and roundabouts I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Helix wrote: »

dont see why everyones wetting themselves over this deal - its another way of fleecing the customer by the ever horrible gamestop

At least they have reported at least one loss on their Irish business in recent years, and thats the only figure I've seen.

DiRT3 - €49.99 new.
    DiRT 3 - €46.99 second hand.

You're having a f*cking laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Not exactly on topic but can anyone tell me how long it takes for GS to dispatch games from their online store? I ordered Blur for PS3 last week for 2 euro but it is still saying it is in 'processing'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I have a lot of muck games from that list, is there any games out now that someone would recommend getting? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Awesome deal. I traded in:

Mario Kart DS
    Gears of War 2
    Orange Box
    Dragon Age 2
    GTA 4
    COD 4

And got Infamous 2 and Duke Nukem for €3 each.

No matter how **** Duke turns out to be, you can't got far wrong for 3 quid and 3 games I haven't played in a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I'm just short 1 game. Does anyone know where I can pick up a game from this list online for less than 10 delivered?

Zavvi have a few of the games on that list for 12.45 delivered if that's any good to you, AC2 being one.

Traded in Army of Two: The 40th Day, Halo Wars and Devil May Cry 4 in a broken case, going to get rid of some more for Gears Of War 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

rickyjb wrote: »
    Zavvi have a few of the games on that list for 12.45 delivered if that's any good to you, AC2 being one.
    Is AC2 still on the list? I didn't see it on the new sheet from the store.
    Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Traded in Army of Two: The 40th Day, Halo Wars and Devil May Cry 4 in a broken case, going to get rid of some more for Gears Of War 3
    Is Gears 3 going to be on a similar offer? Or are you just straight trading in?

kiddums wrote: »

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is only on the list, you can use the deal on games that aren't out yet.

kiddums wrote: »

Wow they've really stripped it back, AC brotherhood is not even on it anymore. You can get this from zavvi though http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/batman-arkham-asylum/10035804.html for 12.45 delivered if you're stuck.

Advertisement